PDA

View Full Version : Command for turning on/off face centers selection?

DeadlyNightshade
08-08-2012, 11:41 AM
I'm refering to the global stuff you can find under your Settings and Preferences.
I already know the command for turning on face centers on a mesh: but that's just a visual thing. What I want is the ability to toggle between "select by face centers" and "select by whole face".

NaughtyNathan
08-08-2012, 12:05 PM
turn "Echo All Commands" on in your script editor and then manually change the preference for this and you should see reported:
polySelectConstraint -wholeSensitive on;
polySelectConstraint -wholeSensitive off;

DeadlyNightshade
08-08-2012, 12:07 PM
Maybe I should just add you on MSN since you seem to have the solution to all my problems? :D
j/k - I would probably give you a headache

Thanks again for helping out

rgkovach123
08-08-2012, 03:53 PM
just keep in mind that almost everything is maya dealing with options are scriptable. Turn on the script editor echo all commands like nathan suggested.

also, search through the hotkey editor...nearly all the hotkey-able actions are actually mini-scripts. there might even already be a toggle setup for face centers...there are loads of functions with no default hotkey jsut wating to be used.

For example, i did a search for "*Center*" in the hotkey editor and found this:

TogglePolygonFaceCenters which is an alias for:

setPolygonDisplaySettings("faceCenter")

whatIs "setPolygonDisplaySettings";
// Result: Mel procedure found in: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2012/scripts/startup/initHUDScripts.mel //

Now, I don't think actually does what you originally asked for... but this kind of digging can get you very far....

CGTalk Moderation
08-08-2012, 03:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.