PDA

View Full Version : Quick Select Set

thawk127
08-07-2012, 06:49 PM
Just getting into more functionality with Maya and was wondering about the Quick Select Set function. I'm working on an animation and wanted to use some QSS that I used in a previous scene. All the QSS are the same and the character Im animating has the same curves on the rig that Im animating. Unfortunately, the only thing that works is the Key (Keyframe) and SEL (Select All) MEL buttons I made in the previous scene. Why wont the Quick Select Set functions not work that I made and placed on a shelf? Forgive me if this is a silly question. Im still relatively green when it comes to Maya.

Thanks in advance!!

ldunham1
08-08-2012, 01:46 PM
its because maya's selection sets are node based and so the shelf commands are actually selecting an object it made in maya.
You can copy them between scenes, a few different ways but no built in function (that I know of) -but I would like to know if there was an uber-simple way.

In the mean time I have my own script for selection sets - it is string based (uses names) so you can use the sets on different characters (same rig different namespaces) and between scenes without an issue.

This means you can open the scene that your sets work on, use them to select the objects and create new ones with my UI, so then you'll be able to use the new sets in other scenes.

http://www.creativecrash.com/maya/downloads/scripts-plugins/animation/c/ld_selectme-selection-sets

[Apologies for the plug btw]

thawk127
08-08-2012, 03:34 PM
The script is "GOLDEN" and I will definitely get use out of it. Thanks for the information and response!

CGTalk Moderation
08-08-2012, 03:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.