PDA

View Full Version : Repulse and bounce

simonfarussell
08-06-2012, 09:34 PM
Hey,

I'm creating a set up where I want one group (a) of particles to avoid another group (b).
I would like group (a) to try and dodge group (b) but group (b) not to move.

I'm using the dynamics tag at the moment but it isn't a nice solution. Any ideas what would be a good way to approach it?

//
I think I've found a solution. I've just added a pvelocity with 0 velocity/speed to the P Pass AB group (b) and it seems to do the trick. It's funny because I tried the same idea with a psetdata and it didn't work.

fuat
08-07-2012, 12:05 PM
are you trying to avoid or to bounce?

these are two different things in terms of avoidance being a not-so-easy-task and very cpu-intensive, and c4dīs tp system is antiquarian.
for avoidance, thereīs a preset in the content borwser you can use (it is called "TP avoid" or something like that).

to repel particles A and B you can easily use PPass AB and the deflector node.

good luck
fuat

simonfarussell
08-07-2012, 02:52 PM
Hey,

I'm not trying to bounce. I want to repulse but for only one particle group to move not both. The repulse and bounce node doesn't seem to offer this option.

Thanks for the point to the TP Avoid. I really should check the content browser more thoroughly before asking a question! I'm not sure how well that preset will work with multiple avoid points but we'll see!

As to the deflector node, this as far as I know, needs geometry (or it's own self generated primitive)
For a slightly different problem on the same project I trying to use Particle Geometry as a collision object. I couldn't get it to work, not that I was particularly expecting it to work.

Regarding C4D's antiquated TP system, what do you think is a more up to date particle system with similar/better capabilities? I rather like TP because of it's integration (well sort of) with Mograph.

Simon

fuat
08-07-2012, 07:52 PM
"I'm not trying to bounce. I want to repulse but for only one particle group to move not both. The repulse and bounce node doesn't seem to offer this option."

then you should do it with dynmics, as you said in the beginning.
these are very fast and stable.

CGTalk Moderation
08-07-2012, 07:52 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.