PDA

View Full Version : What you think about that render ?

SilverLight
08-05-2012, 06:39 AM
Hello Everyone .....

This is a scene i modeled with Houdini and rendered by Mantra-PBR .....

please tell me what you think .......

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-PXKGpsrODpU/UB4GJwKKjMI/AAAAAAAAAD4/pnmucHqXzXo/s640/insideDeck.jpg

SilverLight
08-06-2012, 09:22 PM
Hello

i have seen 62 views and no answer :) ......

is there something missing in the post ???? more details needed ????

if so ... i apologize... just tell me what i need to add ,

thnx

phloog
08-09-2012, 02:02 PM
Are you looking for ARTISTIC feedback, technical feedback, or a little of both?

To my own eyes, while the PBR seems to have worked well, the nature of the piece makes it feel smaller than perhaps you want it to appear, like sized for mice, but that's clearly just an opinion.

Is it meant to be for tiny people/creatures?

mr Bob
08-09-2012, 11:29 PM
Good start.

I would gamma up your image to 2.2 looks like its linear still. Did you use the portal light set up ? .

b

SilverLight
08-13-2012, 11:24 PM
Thank you for answering :)

SilverLight
08-13-2012, 11:28 PM
Thank you for answering :)

phloog

iam looking for little of both , actualy iam not that very good i know :) .... still learning , and it wasnt meant to be for tiny ppl , guess i shud recheck the dimensions

Mr Bob

yeah i realized that i can use the gamma 2.2 but that was after the rendering :)

and yes i used the portal light setup, one light for the whole thing , i wanted to play with fog also on the that light with atmosphere node , but wud take alot of time rendering on my machine ,

mr Bob
08-23-2012, 06:41 AM
Great, glad you got it figured > remember you can set all colour pallet's etc to a gamma of 2.2 under edit colour settings > colour correction . All your renders will still be linear for comp.
Plus strip your gamma from your srgb textures and you should be ready to roll .

B

SilverLight
08-23-2012, 12:53 PM
thank you for the advice mr.bob

iam not sure that iam getting what trying to say about striping gamma from srgb textures .....:D

mr Bob
08-23-2012, 11:38 PM
Hi,
Unless your using a LUT most of the time your editing your textures and colour correcting them in srgb space with a monitor set to a gamma of 2.2. Houdini by default renders linear. That means to render objects correctly and view them in a render you need to strip the gamma out of your texture. This can be done in the shader after the texture vop . So dive into a shader after the texture vop drop a pow vop , plug the texture vop into it and the out put of it into where the texture vop was going. Then MMB over the second input to the pow vop , select constant from the list and for the value enter 1/0.454545 . You will be good to go then.

If you want a scene example I would get over to the sidefx forum. A scene file speaks volume sand you cannot post them here. That's the one awful thing about this site.

B

B

SilverLight
08-25-2012, 10:00 AM
Thank you a lot mr bob for the explanation :)...... that was really really useful :)

and yeah i will check the sideFx website they have good stuff there

CGTalk Moderation
08-25-2012, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.