PDA

View Full Version : Butterfly kick - please crit

giggleoriginal
08-03-2012, 10:12 AM
This is a butterfly kick animation that I'm doing. I really want to get better at animation so if you can give me some pointers that would be great.

Cheers,

George

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARsm1QPjHKs&feature=plcp

Proupin
08-03-2012, 12:54 PM
hi, here are my remarks:

The way the character moves to his anticipation is weird; his weight moves forward but there's no force that suggests that would be possible at all, like some invisible string pulling him. Instead of slightly rocking forward and then lift his foot, he should probably move back slightly instead, giving it momentum. I would also hold that pose a little longer (the accent pose where he's on one foot)

The limbs seem to stutter a bit on the kick... this should be pretty easy to spot and fix in the curve editor

astroboii
08-03-2012, 09:25 PM
Looks cool man, the poses are readable but the main part that sticks out i see is the middle of your jump it looks like everythin pauses on the peak of his jump. I understand your going for a hangtime but its jarring, I think you can keep the peak of his jump there just keep him moving in the air

Narntson
08-08-2012, 12:28 AM
I think you have a kick like how a gymnast would really do it in really life, very controlled--if that is what you are going after you did it. But if you want to push it more stylized, it seems like if you go deeper into your circular arcs on the hips and limb rotations, this could add more fluidity?--just a thought...

giggleoriginal
08-08-2012, 06:41 PM
Thank you very much for the helpful crit. I've tried to take it all on board; what more can I do? Or, have I simply not addressed the issue you've flagged up already?

Much appreciated guys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eE6lR9118g&feature=youtu.be

Proupin
08-09-2012, 10:40 AM
At the very begginning, you are doing an anticipation of the anticipation... it rocks forward, then back, then forward again... it looks jerky and the prove is the left knee popping twice...

The jump has improved

CGTalk Moderation
08-09-2012, 10:40 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.