PDA

View Full Version : Problem with my Ambient occlusion pass through Maya/MR

Dan Wade
11-30-2003, 02:39 AM
Im trying to create an ambient occlusion pass through mental ray with dirtmap (in maya). Im getting these message.

MayatoMR: internal exception error during scene rendering"
"MayatoMR: internal exception error during scene cleanup"

My scene is pretty big...but i think it seems to have problems with certain types of meshes, which is a pain as i have to try and go through and find the offending mesh. The only problem i know with MR is that it doesn't like being fed non quad sub-d's, but im not using sub'ds, just smoothed polys.

The only thing i can think of is maybe converting the scene to an .MI file, and sending that out to render, but i dont think the size of the scene is actualy the problem. The actualy dirtmap shader installed and works fine with my stuff, so i know that its working properly.

Anyways, if anyone else has had similar probs, would be good to know a work around, if there is one.

Cheers,
Dan.

Mazer
11-30-2003, 05:24 AM
Did you try to optimise the scene sise ( on the file menu), deleting empty nodes etc?
This solve-it for me on one case.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.