PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose a graphic tablet

Dandiaz31
08-02-2012, 04:17 PM
I am currently torn from buying a brandnew but old model intuos 3 small 4x6 against wacom bamboo pen and touch cth 470 latest model i think.
please advice.

Thanks

tswalk
08-06-2012, 12:58 AM
I personally do not like the design of the Intuos 3, the button layout was strange to me.

I've got the bamboo which was fine, but upgraded to the Intuos 4 and love it... however, if I had to do it all over again, i would have definitely gone with wireless.

CKPinson
08-07-2012, 02:32 AM
I use the Intuos 3- have been since it came out- I recommend it over the more expensive 5- personally I am working on adding a convertible tablet to my setup with a docking station and see about using it as an input device to my PC- but that's a lot more money. Like I said- Intuos 3 still works for me, came with 3 or 4 nibs- Im down to 2 and paint quiet a bit. surface is holding up and cord is stronger than new versions.

CKPinson
08-07-2012, 02:34 AM
PS_ most get the 5 touch for the rotational features but most don't realize in PS that this is easily done holding r while swinging the pen (or mouse) around on the surface. {note: CS6 uses OpenCL by default and you may need to disable to get R rotational option working}

I honestly don't use the shortcut buttons on the pad.

the included mouse is JUNK!

tswalk
08-07-2012, 03:40 AM
the included mouse is JUNK!

yep, mine is still in the foam wrap it came in lol... didn't change with the Intuos 4.

I do use nibs a lot faster than before with the 4, not so happy about that.

Dandiaz31
08-07-2012, 12:01 PM
only the intuos 3 and the cth 470 is within my budget range both are the 4x6
which of this two will be of more value? function wise? durability?

Im in the Philippines and these two are the only available that is in my price range about 150 usd. intuos 4 range about 250 for the smallest, which i cant afford.

thanks for the replies btw. :beer:

CKPinson
08-08-2012, 12:38 AM
Heard that about the 4 and the 5 too- coworkers-

at least the 4 and lower have replacement sketch fields available- not 5 tho. For the kind of money for the 5 I'd invest in a convertible tablet or slate. Just a thought

tswalk
08-09-2012, 01:28 AM
Heard that about the 4 and the 5 too- coworkers-

at least the 4 and lower have replacement sketch fields available- not 5 tho. For the kind of money for the 5 I'd invest in a convertible tablet or slate. Just a thought

a tip that might help your coworkers, i found an old wacom pen and used the nib from it (a harder plastic) and it has lasted much longer... it is similar to these replacements:

https://www.wacom.com/en/Store/Pages/Product.aspx?product=PSI-A021&crumb={52B16656-C2D6-41A0-A1CB-CFC5E24409B8}

CGTalk Moderation
08-09-2012, 01:28 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.