PDA

View Full Version : Enchanted Forest 2D- Character- SoulCatcher

SoulCatcher
06-13-2002, 06:54 PM
Well this is my first time submitting a challenge. Sorry I had to start so late but I had to finish school. Summer break here I come .. to draw and paint. This will be digitally painted using Photoshop. well c-ya

Sleepless
06-13-2002, 08:36 PM
Cool concept, glad you're done for the summer, whoo, hooo! What's your line art technique, traditional, illustrator?

Jake
06-13-2002, 09:50 PM
great line quality! I'm looking forward to seeing it colored.

I see how the motion of the centaur creature's tail mirrors the curving of the snake's body, but I wish it was a bit longer and less stubby. It looks like something you'd see on a more ponderous creature.

Anyway, nice work!

SoulCatcher
06-14-2002, 01:40 AM
The lines are actually pencil lines adjusted by levels in photoshop. I can draw clean lines faster than using Illustrator unfortunatelly. I love Ilustrator's lines the finish products alway look so clean and professional, vector rules :buttrock:

Yes I will begin coloring in photoshop tomorrow :thumbsup:

MonkeyBoy
06-14-2002, 01:43 PM
Superb line and form. Love that little willy (not like that... -ahem- I just, you know, think its a cool drawing).

Good lad!!!!

SoulCatcher
06-15-2002, 05:14 AM
Ok major problems. I file size is killing me, I dont know how to shrink my image to 50k this was the best i could do. I am using photoshop and i dont have a book (poor student :) )I made it 72 dpi > Jpg >saved for web but I got only this :annoyed:

If anyone out there is willing to give me a hand I would greately appriciate it

Tommy Lee
06-15-2002, 05:21 AM
Yeah..love the concept.
No crit till now, wait for more color....

by the way, u are working in 32bit color-depth?
I get the best jpeg results on extern programs. I do it at PaintShopPro 7. I load the Photoshop-file, merge the layers, resize it a bit and export it as Jpeg.
So if ya dont have PSP 7, look out for any freeware Jpeg-compression-tool. Im sure there is one on the net.

Keep on:thumbsup:

Tommy Lee

SoulCatcher
06-15-2002, 05:33 AM
Thanks ! I'll check it out :D

Sangotten
06-15-2002, 12:45 PM
Hmmm I think this one will be great, at least the linework is great...now the colouring! I'm gonnna wact this one!!!!:beer:

Keep it coming!!!:thumbsup:

SoulCatcher
06-18-2002, 06:49 PM
:annoyed:

Sorry you guys. I started this in my apartment with my good p.c. and had plan to finish this painting at my mother's house. I have run into some unexpected hardware issues and i cant get moms p.c. to read the psd file. All i got is the small jpg to show. I will be leaving on my summer vacation to the caribean tomorrow and wont be able to finish the painting for this months challenge. D'oh!

Well, i will finish this painting anyways next month, i have been working on a story for these characters for quite some time and i like this illustration.

:hmm:
I'm kinda dissapointed i wanted to challenge this month but hey next month is another challenge maybe I'll enter it.

see you guys next month !

:thumbsup:

MonkeyBoy
06-18-2002, 07:04 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry:

-sigh-

Have a good vacation.

Tommy Lee
06-19-2002, 05:44 AM
I agree with monkeyboy:cry: :cry:

But I hope ya enter the challenge next time.

But there is on good point to it too. Ill went up one place in the end:D

Laterz dude

Tommy Lee:twisted:

Gamoron
06-19-2002, 02:54 PM
That sucks! You can't finish the drawing and your going to the caribean. I live in Canada!:D

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.