PDA

View Full Version : Test Engine Tech Demo

Gibbz
11-29-2003, 11:28 PM
Download HERE(about 4mb) (http://www.users.on.net/amathews/bronson/demos/siphon/tropical_oasis.zip)

This is a engine my brother made, i did the art side, just a test of the engine(which is now beeing redone).
What do you guys think?

proudclod
11-30-2003, 12:20 AM
Hello, I love the engine, it is perfect for any type of game.... The art is preety good, but the map is too small :S If you are intersted in making a game of this, i would beg to help, but otherwise, awsome work you two :D

ShortFuseNZ
11-30-2003, 12:33 AM
Hmm weird all i get is a "Windows encoutered an error Send report bal blah" error. Not sure whether its the file or the program though. Any sugestions ?

proudclod
11-30-2003, 03:13 AM
Make sure all your drivers are up to date, you have the latest service packages... Im running on windows xp GeForce 2 440 1.3ghz, latest drivers for everything, and it works perfectly.... Tell me your system specs and what OS you are using ill try to help

Gibbz
11-30-2003, 05:08 AM
yeah it requires dx9...

it was actually gonna be a screensaver(you can set it up to be a screen saver very easily).

were gonna make a little game of something, havent really decided what yet... any suggestions?

Tahl'eN
11-30-2003, 10:17 AM
Looks pretty nice. Reminds me of Tresspasser. (does anyone remember that game?)
2 things though:
--is there some way to increase the resolution? I'm getting this nice, overkill of 180 FPS pretty regularly.
--Please have your brother capture the mouse within the application. I run on 2 monitors, and I can wander off the app over to my desktop which shows on monitor 2. Makes it nearly impossible to play anything when you have to worry about what else you might be clicking on as you play.

Also, from here the art looks nice. I can give better crits if you give me control of the camera. (-;

proudclod
11-30-2003, 02:56 PM
You do have control of the camera, press F a couple of times, until the camera stops moving, and then you can look around with the mouse and move with the WASD keys, hope that helps

Nostradamus
11-30-2003, 04:25 PM
looks good.

I am personally looking for an engine that i could do a little christmas game in...if your up for the iea, feel free to cantact me :)
simon@coolart.dk

Gibbz
12-01-2003, 12:08 AM
im not shure if the current engine could handle a intense game, but could do something simple(the engine is beeing reworked).

there is a ini file in the back you can change the resolution, i think the supported res are 640x480 800x600 1024x768 and another one(ill find out if u want that uber res ;) )

controls can be fouind in the readme, including free cam, and wiremesh mode

thx for the comments also :D

Keiyentai
12-01-2003, 07:52 AM
cool little engine man. Is the a website with more info on it?

Gibbz
12-01-2003, 10:00 AM
yeah no site yet...

Tahl'eN
12-01-2003, 10:13 AM
As far as the art goes, 2 really big things:
1-fix the alpha chanels on the plants as the black outlines make things look cartooney
2-Shadows/darkness inside the buildings would be good.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.