PDA

View Full Version : Escape Studios Course and Career Support Opinions?

Mykeprime
08-01-2012, 02:32 PM
Just a little backround, I did a three year BSc in multimedia which included a short module on VFX (mainly simple after effects stuff). Having enjoyed that module more so than anything else on the course, I followed it up with a year long MSc in digital visual effects.
This course was pretty much Ďjack of all trades, master of noneí, with more of an emphasis on Maya than anything else, but it did tell me that compositing was the direction a wanted to take from it.

Itís almost been a year since finishing that course and since then Iíve been both working on my show reel and trying to teach myself Nuke compositing from various online tutorials and the ĎNuke 101í book. Iíve had no luck finding employment, which I have come to the conclusion is due to my work not being of a high enough standard yet, and so I have started to consider the compositing courses at Escape Studios in London.

Itís going to be very expensive if I do it so Iíd like to hear peoples own experiences. Could anyone here who has done a course at Escape give me their thoughts on it and the career support they provide?

Xistel
08-03-2012, 11:47 PM
I'm also thinking about getting into the compositing course there in the next few years. I heard it's quite good

MrFanciful
08-07-2012, 10:28 AM
Not having been myself. I did know a girl who did at least one of the residential compositing courses at Escape and she immediately got a job doing the compositing for the conversion of The Phantom menace into 3D.

Another friend of mine did did one of the Maya courses and has done some time at The Mill.

I know there are always the occasional people who land the lucky jobs very soon afterwards from any school/college but they do seems to have very good industry contacts.

MrFanciful
08-07-2012, 10:46 AM
Not having been myself. I did know a girl who did at least one of the residential compositing courses at Escape and she immediately got a job doing the compositing for the conversion of The Phantom Menace into 3D.

Another friend of mine did did one of the Maya courses and has done some time at The Mill.

I know there are always the occasional people who land the lucky jobs very soon afterwards from any school/college but they do seems to have very good industry contacts.

rabbster
10-12-2012, 10:01 PM
Did a Visual Effects taster course there, it was just for one day thou. Its was on for a couple of days.

It was great talking to people there, (students and tutors) Its was interesting to meet people who were doing the same day course (class mates) and where there are from and what background.

Had one guy from Ireland, was same background as me. (graphic designer) There was one girl who did accounts. The course was quite intense and lot to take in.
That day went real quick.
When the tutor was teaching you stuff, you had a other tech guy float around.
If you need help or get stuck.

Break time - went into coffie room, saw other students and chatted to them. Had some real good feed back from them. There said its real intense and lot of hard work involed. ( Guess that life if you want to get some where and live your dreams.)

Then after it had finshed, there gave us free drink down stairs at the bar cafe. Then basicly talked about the courses and the on line course that they do. And the money side of things as well.

Told them i was intrested, in there courses and the on line course ( I live in Wales) They gave me a trail on the on line courses and spoke to me over the internet. And email them with any questions ect..

Have to say the course are quite pricey. But have lot of tech knowlage there. The over all impression I got (doing some reseach on escape studio's and looking at other on line schools. Gnomon is simlar but in the USA. Different style of teaching thou.)

Escape have a high rep across europe and in the area of london.

For me, I thinking of doing it on line. Lot more cheaper. If you ever get a chance to get down there, go. The environment is lovely there. Its makes me thirsty for more..lol

Hope this helps you.

chien
10-15-2012, 04:48 AM
hi everyone, I was hearing about escape studios before and I even saw their student interview and see their syllabus, are they new or they have been teaching for long time?

i always see their student give good feedback of their teaching but I wud like to know others point of view

CGTalk Moderation
10-15-2012, 04:48 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.