PDA

View Full Version : what I'd buy

shokan
07-30-2012, 12:51 PM
A full version Windows 8 slate with the best and most powerful of everything, and that uses the all-important Wacom pen. Something like the Samsung Series 7 slate, but with a 15 or 17 inch very HD display, and with much more powerful CPU and discrete GPU for 3D apps.

Go ahead, make it thick, heavy, hot and noisy and charge $4000... I'd buy it.

mister3d
07-30-2012, 01:12 PM
a 15 or 17 inch very HD display
I can't imagine how it would be to work with that.

shokan
07-30-2012, 01:17 PM
I can't imagine how it would be to work with that.

Think Cintiq but with a good PC stuck on back. Not too much of a stretch from a couple convertible tablets with Wacom we've seen from the past couple years.

mister3d
07-30-2012, 01:47 PM
Think Cintiq but with a good PC stuck on back. Not too much of a stretch from a couple convertible tablets with Wacom we've seen from the past couple years.
Have you tried Cintiq? I wouldn't say it's a benefit covering your working area, yet of a smaller size. As a portable station - I think it's interesting, but otherwise - most programs have quite big stacks of tools, so I prefer a big screen.

shokan
07-30-2012, 02:00 PM
Have you tried Cintiq? I wouldn't say it's a benefit covering your working area, yet of a smaller size. As a portable station - I think it's interesting, but otherwise - most programs have quite big stacks of tools, so I prefer a big screen.I'm just thinking of all the excitement over the Samsung Series 7 Slate at tabletPCreview forum and using Artdock for modo, PS, Max, etc. But, make it bigger and more powerful but still reasonably portable. Might have to have a motorcycle kickstand though.

leigh
07-30-2012, 02:52 PM
Please don't post hardware threads in General Discussions

shokan
07-30-2012, 03:33 PM
Please don't post hardware threads in General Discussionsok, sorry.

CGTalk Moderation
07-30-2012, 03:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.