PDA

View Full Version : dynamics: Syflex - How to benefit only collusion interaction with Syflex

ozioz
07-30-2012, 12:11 PM
Hi guys

Here is my question ;

I have a short panth mesh for my cartoony character whose legs have no thickness ..

What I want to achive is to create a cloth simulation Which will only work When a collusion detection happens ...

The cloth object won't get effected by any kind of movement or force except for collusion interactions which will be done by the legs ..

In fact , I want this short piece to move as if it was a skin ...

How Can I do that ?

I tried to play with the sliders in Syflex cloth property window but I have not been able to achive nothing so far ...

Best Regards ;

Ozan

Stoehr
08-20-2012, 06:46 AM
This sounds like a simple solution of constraining (pin) a cluster to the hips, and the remainder of the mesh would be soft. You are using ICE to achieve this? Syflex in ICE is pretty slick.

ozioz
08-26-2012, 10:36 AM
Stoehr

I am not using Syflex in Ice cause I am not that good at it.

I am not sure How long ıt will take for me to learn the Syflex in ICE ?

But If it is worth to learn just in order to achive this effect , I have to learn it.

Ciuccio
08-27-2012, 03:37 PM
Stoehr

I am not using Syflex in Ice cause I am not that good at it.

I am not sure How long ıt will take for me to learn the Syflex in ICE ?

But If it is worth to learn just in order to achive this effect , I have to learn it.

How long? Depending by you. Study it in any case, ICE worth learning for sure.

Stoehr
08-27-2012, 06:37 PM
It's surprisingly easy in ICE. I didn't do a ton of research as was able to get a simple result, that will get you started. Check the attached file.

Stoehr
08-27-2012, 07:05 PM
Another thought is, you might want to create duplicate of your "skin", then create a simple push op in ICE, then apply the Syflex to the pushed mesh. So, a push op in the modeling construction history, then syflex in the simulated construction history.

Finding info on a push op should be very easy.

I haven't tested this, but sounds like a good place to start. I included some attempts to regulate it with a weight map, but I just don't have time this afternoon to go further.

Stoehr
08-30-2012, 02:29 AM
Take a look at this scene. Tell me if it's close to what you desire.

Stoehr
08-30-2012, 04:52 AM
Ok, i couldn't stop trying. I came up with another approach. Instead of two ICE trees or even push op, this time I'm setting point position by Closest Location. So, that it appears to stick, even when the Syflex doesn't quite do it. There's a significant difference in effect with and without setting point position by closest location. I'm open to suggestions.

http://formandspace.com/for_cgtalk/screen_shot_skin_ice_tree.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
08-30-2012, 04:53 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.