PDA

View Full Version : CodeEditorGUI

Remotion
07-30-2012, 10:57 AM
This is the first public release of my advanced String GUI.
It was created mostly to simplify code editing but also work with text too.
It allow to zoom(scale) text. Syntax highlighting support Python, C++, COFFEE and regular expression.

CodeEditorGUI (http://code.google.com/p/code-editor-gui/)

badredcat
07-30-2012, 11:26 AM
:applause: :applause: :applause:

NiklasR
08-01-2012, 09:41 AM
Aweeeeesooommmeeeee. :)
Would you mind making it Open Source? :lightbulb

-Niklas

maxx981
08-01-2012, 02:47 PM
Hy Remo,

thank you for this nice editor!

Its a shame, that Maxon is not capable of delivering a decent code-editor. Its really nice of you, to give it out for free ...

Cheers,
André

Remotion
08-03-2012, 08:52 AM
Hi,
thank for feedback.

> Would you mind making it Open Source?
Why should I do this ? :)

Well the code base is huge and was hacked together in short time.
There is possibility that working subset of the code will be available as Open Source in the future...

> Its a shame, that Maxon is not capable of delivering a decent code-editor.
Maxon has another priorities, like work in R14.

NiklasR
08-03-2012, 09:34 AM
> Would you mind making it Open Source?
Why should I do this ? :)
As long as I don't want to sell my software, I always make it public so that others can learn from it. It's like give and take. :)

-Nik

Remotion
08-03-2012, 03:02 PM
Well I do not want to sell CodeEditor. I want that it becomes better over time.
The question is, do some one here have time to understand this big code piece and may be improve it ?
This code is also partially C++11 code. It also uses some Libraries that can not be made open-source. If it will be possible to remove this Libraries then it will may be becomes open-source...

NiklasR
08-03-2012, 03:34 PM
May I ask what libraries it uses?
I'm not a professional in C++, I wouldn't even call me an advanced coder in that language, but I'd like to extend my knowledge. I'm really interested in the Code. I accept if you don't want to make it Open, but I'd be glad if you do. :cool:
I've been doing "custom GUI rendering" stuff in Python before, it's a topic which is interesting to me.

Regards,
_niklas

PS: Why is the space-bar between def main so small?

Remotion
08-03-2012, 05:22 PM
> May I ask what libraries it uses?
I mean Libraries(code) that I have created, for other projects.

> PS: Why is the space-bar between def main so small?
I think this is a bug. This should be displayed correctly after you reopen the GUI.

Sparkle
03-21-2013, 07:56 AM
Fantastic extension for a much needed feature in Cinema!
Is it possible though to have this in the Python Editor also? Personally I never really work in the code window of the python object (or node), due to the fact, that I'd have to undock it, if I don't want it to disappear as soon as I select something else.
If your pluin worked in the script editor it would be damn close to flawless.

CGTalk Moderation
03-21-2013, 07:56 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.