PDA

View Full Version : Powerd Assault Armor (wip)

Ogi
11-29-2003, 03:24 PM
Hi everyone!!! :)
This is my first post in the Game Art Design section.
Here is wip modell on a powerd assault armor from the game C&C Tiberian Sun.
Because this is my first game modell iam really interested in what everybody thinks.

NOTE: Package; maya.

Link ->

Click here for Powerd Assault Armor (http://medieteknik.bth.se/joot02/showcg.jpg)

proudclod
11-29-2003, 11:19 PM
hmm, im liking the model... but it does not look allot like the c&c one... It could use allot more detail... Also, im intersted in knowing what the project is... :D

Ogi
11-30-2003, 01:26 AM
This was a fast modelling production, from my personal side.
The only reference i hade at that time was this (http://images.ea.com/eagames/official/cc_tiberiansun/GDI/gdi_body/sublevel01/subsection03/gdi_subprev01.jpg) picture from westwoods website.

I kind of modelled this just for fun, so..
My first lowpoly post also :D

proudclod
11-30-2003, 03:15 AM
compared to that pic it looks just right, but ingame it looked very different...o well.... Its a very good start for low poly, much better then mine :P (lol) I would like to know if you are planning to use that in anything? Have you ever thought of wc3 modding?

Ogi
11-30-2003, 03:39 AM
hehe. thnx for the replies :)
I can agree with you that ingame the style of the "modell" is very different :)

A main goal with this modell was to have it very low poly, and not so detaild.. But it still a Wip, so much can still happen :D

Hmm. A WC3 mod. Thats a good idea. Never tought about that.
"Go to work again"

CÚdric
11-30-2003, 10:27 AM
nice one when you see the artwork ^^ it can be a good rts model so keep up the good work on it. Good idea for the wc3 mod hehe. EnJoY^^

proudclod
11-30-2003, 03:07 PM
If you are intersted in making a mod, i can feature you in the wc3c magazine (i own it :D) but also, there is a dying c&c mod that needs desperate help... He has almost the whole engine done, he just needs art and stuff, so if you are willing to help,

visit www.wc3campaigns.com register, and send me a pm IF you are intersted, otherwise... I agree, theres still much the model can be, after all it is WIP... Great job so far, looking forward to seeing this finished :D

oo and to cedric.... wc3 is the best rts engine by far, surpassing any rts in the world right now, to make mods, you dont even need to know how to program, plus blizzard just released their art tools for 3dsmax... So wc3 modding is at its peek, and if anyone is intersted in becoming a part of the community, go to www.wc3campaigns.com

wc3c is the friendliest community by far, and there are thousands of modders out there...

cris castro
11-30-2003, 10:20 PM
why dont you try diagonals i found everything too orthogonal

Ogi
12-01-2003, 11:38 AM
Damn nice site (www.wc3campaigns.com) :) Iam going to register today. Its sounds very cool to do a c&c mod..
Where can i come in contact with you ? i would discuss this more.
Damn nice idea :D :D

my email is : joot02@student.bth.se

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.