PDA

View Full Version : Did Peter Jackson save the best for last?

kilikili
11-29-2003, 03:08 PM
What they said:

"It's quite good. Nah it's fantastic! It's amazing, it's definitely the best," chirped Pippin Took.

Being a hobbit, you would expect Took, otherwise known as actor Billy Boyd, to enthuse wildly about the last of the Lord of The Rings trilogy -- "The Return of the King," which premieres in the New Zealand capital, Wellington, on December 1.

But the few whispers that have escaped from the sneak previews seem unanimous that director Peter Jackson has saved the best until last.

The "Return of the King" is Jackson's favorite of the three, and features more action-packed battle scenes per foot of celluloid than the others.
"

More>>> (http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=LVYUNRPBSG42MCRBAEZSFFA?type=filmNews&storyID=3904359)

-Kilikili
Finally, an avatar!

Nemoid
11-30-2003, 01:28 PM
I'm sure that the great Peter Jackson saved the best of his efforts in the last part of the trilogy, even if I have to say that the other 2 parts are fantastic and realy a masterpiece as well!

and don't forget that the extended edition will be even better and richer.

Hey maybe we will have some more astonishing footage in the final edition with all 3 movies joined together? :drool:

P.S. like your avatar, and hope u like mine.

at left : Belina the cow!

Dargon
11-30-2003, 02:28 PM
The extended versions were so much better than the theatical releases, that I'm thinking of not even going to see ROTK until it's extended comes out!

Cageman
11-30-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Dargon
The extended versions were so much better than the theatical releases, that I'm thinking of not even going to see ROTK until it's extended comes out!

I know what you mean! Actually, I fell asleep when I saw LOTR - The Two Towers at the cinema... quite embarrasing I can tell... :/ Just watched my copy of Special Extended version and DAMN, what a good movie it is! :)

The fact that they have cut out Saruman in the last movie (theatrical release) gives me second thoughts about seeing it at cinema. But I will probably see it anyway... :)

Joviex
11-30-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by kilikili

The "Return of the King" is Jackson's favorite of the three, and features more action-packed battle scenes per foot of celluloid than the others.
"

Well, not to sound like a pill, but the last book is the most action packed, so it kinda follows the movie would be as well.

Leesee
11-30-2003, 10:55 PM
I think so,and that is saying alot.I'll see it in the movie and then again in extended version DVD later too.:beer:

BiTMAP
12-01-2003, 05:15 AM
yeah I think its pretty funny how all these people who OBVIOUSLY never read the books say the last movie is sooooo action packed and amazing, when you read the 3 books, its the same deal, EVERYTHING happens in the last book!! The Climax of the entire Epic happens in book three... and then there are the fact that in the book (but not in the movies ciniema release) there is 2 Climax points (the shire has its own story feel to it, and almost feels seperated, thus having its own climax).

slaughters
12-01-2003, 06:26 AM
I actually thought that the second book was more action packed than the third. Multiple Rohan wars, Ent's battling, Battling War Beasts, Balrogs getting their butts kicked, etc..

gmask
12-01-2003, 06:42 AM
>>>The "Return of the King" is Jackson's favorite of the three, and features more action-packed battle scenes per foot of celluloid than the others.

Glad to hear it.. not like some other movie that came out recently ..

leuey
12-01-2003, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by BiTMAP
yeah I think its pretty funny how all these people who OBVIOUSLY never read the books say the last movie is sooooo action packed and amazing, when you read the 3 books, its the same deal, EVERYTHING happens in the last book!! The Climax of the entire Epic happens in book three..).

You have to keep in mind that Tolkein meant for it to be 1 book - it was the publisher who broke it into 3 (against Tokein's will). So yeah - the climax happens at the end of the book....

-G

Nemoid
12-01-2003, 02:37 PM
I hope, but i'm sure of it, that there will be an extended release for cinemas of LOTR movies. its great tosee them in theatres and extended are so good that see in that way it will be an astonishing experience!!

Iain McFadzen
12-01-2003, 03:32 PM
Best for last? By default maybe, seeing as the first two were rank.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.