PDA

View Full Version : fixing the very thin seam

TheWriter
11-29-2003, 02:41 PM
Here is a problem I come over quite often. When trying to make tiles, sometimes the shadow/color etc is very identical at the seam. Thus there is only a very thin line that needs to be adjusted. Normaly people would just use a soft brushed clone tool and stroke through the seam, but this technicaly removes 1 seam, and creates 2 seams, just with a softer blend.

I have been thinking, isnt there an easier way to eliminate a very thin seam? I have been contemplating on a little interpolation trick. There must be a better method out there.

E.G. select 4 pixels (2 on each side) of the seam, and interpolate them, removing the straight edge?

wolver1ne
11-29-2003, 02:54 PM
Hmm, don't quite get it, could you show a screenshot.

opus13
12-02-2003, 05:21 AM
just try a brush that is a bit soft, it will take a little bit more work, but you will end up seemless.

also look into the healing tool with a feathered edge, as it is quite nice.

chach
12-02-2003, 08:00 PM
here you go:
open the file
select all
copy
filter> offset> half the w/h of the original document size
paste
soft delete the left and right sides of the seam
flatten
filter> offset> half the w/h of the original document size
viola!

TheWriter
12-03-2003, 03:02 PM
The heal brush is slowling becoming usefull. I think I've got the issues solved. Now I am curious, as to what you mean by Soft Delete?

chach
12-04-2003, 02:41 PM
I just mean deleting using the eraser tool and a large feathered brush. It's just more likely the blending between the layers will be smooth that way. Just be sure that you delete the extreme left and right edges of the top layer if you use this technique, or you'll accidentally create another seam!

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.