PDA

View Full Version : Mapping questions

Rezonation
07-27-2012, 08:35 AM
http://www.upload.ee/image/2547725/doubleuv.jpg
As you can see my model is halved down the middle. I did this so i could do the following-
I have a 1024*1024 texture limit on the model and i would like the guns texture to be higher resolution, to this end i halved it so i could essentially "mirror" the texture to the two sides of the gun. I sadly am having trouble finding any adequate documentation to do this, can anyone help?

Mrkat
08-01-2012, 06:51 AM
You're not really mirroring the UVW's as such, you're mirroring a UVW'd mesh. So.. simplest way (without using any modifiers) is to detach or delete one half of the mesh along it's length and the make a linked duplicate (Alt+D), then "Ctrl+M", followed by "y/x/z" to mirror the dup across an appropriate axis. That's your basic mesh set-up. All you then need to do is UVW map one half of the mesh and jobs done.

Incidentally, you might want to merge some of those islands together, right now you've got a lot of separate parts that don't really gain you anything by being separated like that.

CGTalk Moderation
08-01-2012, 06:51 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.