11-29-2003, 12:11 PM
http://www.nfonews.net/
http://fluxxx.cafe24.com/cigarjack.wmv

this animation is Comic Action

thanks for watch

http://fluxxx.cafe24.com/bbs/data/gallery/jack.JPG

Man
11-29-2003, 02:02 PM
the models are awesome and the lighting is great too!

and i really like the way that the clothes move, but the animation itself isn't really nice, it's too mecanic. another thing that i didn't liked much was that some times the camera stopped in the middle of a "fast" snece, and every time that happened i could see the low resolution maps, that could be changed , i mean when the camera stops annother map was applied, i don't know..
the editing is strange in my opinion, at the start i couldn't understand what was going on

anyway, i think it's really nice and i liked how "unreal" it is, but the story could be changed and the animation could be improved

fallencat
11-29-2003, 02:10 PM
WOw.. I really enjoy watching it ;)

the Modeling and character design are really awesome ! but the animations is kinda weak tho :/

can you tell us little bit more about this project ..? like how its done... and some wireframe of the main character would be really sweet !..

good job !

fallencat
11-29-2003, 02:15 PM
WOw.. I really enjoy watching it ;)

the Modeling and character design are really awesome ! but the animations is kinda weak tho :/

can you tell us little bit more about this project ..? like how its done... and some wireframe of the main character would be really sweet !..

good job ! :bounce:

fluxxx
11-30-2003, 03:27 AM
thank for reply

animation by two beginner animator , in 40 day

300 cut , too many works for me

i`m modeller, animator, effector, compositer

this project by maya 5.0, syflex,etc

for 8 month

mapsize is small. i's render time problem

lighting by gijoe edited

aenema
11-30-2003, 04:44 AM
haha! although the animation was a little mechanic, as it has already been said, the models and lighting were real good, and it was overall very enjoyable to watch. I don't think the story needs improving, it was meant to be simple and full of action, I also liked the ending :thumbsup: The low res textures were usually unnoticable, mainly it was the ground texture that caught my eye. The cloth was very cool too :)

charithmax
11-30-2003, 10:06 AM
really good modeling and lighting man!:thumbsup: i really like it!

disher
12-01-2003, 05:54 PM
Good one, just need some animation and sounds improvements, great work :thumbsup:

btw I like the mix between Vash from Trigun / Tetsuo from Akira ;)

fluxxx
12-01-2003, 06:06 PM
i also regret the spent more time for animation,

i spent more for concept design ,character modeling ,texture than for animation (6month dor design,modeling,texture and trial)

jack is mixed character, trigun and Tetsuo etc(otheranimation character)

i hope improve this animation

thanks for comment :)

Shaykai
12-01-2003, 06:35 PM
oh man, i absolutley LOVED that animation!!! And the music was totally awesome (although i'm a HUGE bon jovi fan)! !!! At 5:35 i yelled "thats so F*cking awesome" when jack got launched off that engine thing and when he landed he did a spin thingy. The spin was soooo cool. I can definitly tell your going to get frontpage and most likely a CGtalk award (do they still give those out?). Anyway, awesome animation :)

Shaykai

Edit: Its soooooo refreshing to see some good semi-realistic models instead of the toon crap that is normally animated. Great job!

GavinG
12-01-2003, 07:27 PM
I liked the modelling, as mentioned before the animation could use work...Also, nice plug to Roadrunner Records ;)

Gav

NeoJin131
12-01-2003, 10:31 PM
oh...my... gosh.....
dang, this is amazing~!
방금 저희 대학의 미국애들한테도 보여줬더니
엄청 좋아하네요

keep up the good work~!

dimskapunk
12-01-2003, 10:37 PM
is that a roadrunner records picture on his back? if it is thats awsome KEMURI for life... great model

gunslingerblack
12-02-2003, 01:57 AM
i cant view it im getting a 503 error, im assuming u went over bandwidth.

Shaykai
12-02-2003, 08:18 PM
BUMP: Hehe, sorry for the bump, but i think everyone deserves to see this. Its fantastic and i know it will make frontpage if a mod sees it.

Shaykai the bumpin' & grindin' samurai

slayerment
12-03-2003, 03:01 AM
:surprised This is quite possibly the greatest short I have ever seen. The motion and pace of this is really cool. Great job! I love it, incredible :).

gunslingerblack
12-03-2003, 04:06 AM
well i have a few crits you might be interested to hear, first off i love the look of the animation it's very good, second, the pacing is a bit jumpy and at times downright choppy, if you took the time to elaborate the motions just alittle bit more you would have a much more dramatic and dynamic animation, being so jumpy it's hard and almost annoying to watch, some minor sound fx issues perhaps instead of cutting out the gatling gun sound at the end just lower it so you can hear the badguy laugh, and im not a big fan of one wild night for some reason that doesn't scream badass action chase sequence , i would have stuck with what sounded like rammstein but could have been the band from the opening of final fantasy X, oh yes and i liked the scryed homage you had where he lands like kazuma. keep up the good work and keep pluggin away. SYFLEX RULES

(if you can get it to work and not destroy your computer)

NickDW
12-03-2003, 04:13 AM
I love the modeling, textureing and animating in this short but for me to tell you it's perfect would be a lie.
To be honest it looks a little unfinished. There are some things that need to be cleaned up, for example when the girl goes over to recharge the bike she slides over to it instead of walking the last step or 2. Also like Gunslingerjack pointed out there are some spots that are jumpy.

Overall I really like it, it has good timing and a great story but it just looks like it needs some touching up.

aesir
12-03-2003, 04:16 AM
lol gunslighblack. You thought of scryed when he did that bad ass spinny thing at the end too?

3D-ima Green
12-03-2003, 04:36 AM
GOD!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa PLEASE fix the link.. :cry:

i wanna see it :D

fluxxx
12-03-2003, 07:57 AM
yse , it's so rough animation, and project progress

traffic is 7G myhome, it's refresh 8 hour later

thank for watch & joy

NicoDN
12-03-2003, 11:15 AM
Hi Fluxxx ! Thanks for this, your animation is really fun !
I've loved the story :love: , characters and modeling are pretty cool too.
My only crit : your animation, too mechanical in some times, too quick to be understandable in others moments.
Have you done sketches and storyboard ? I would be interested in see them.
Bravo for all !
:thumbsup:

gunslingerblack
12-03-2003, 07:42 PM
haha yes i gunslingerjack am here hahaha u know what else i loved the freeze frame introductions "tough guy, sheriff, very very strong man" and then you have..."he is a prisoner" but then you have my personal favorite "the greatest scoundrel aliveness" hahah it's great, i only wish i had a lack of knowledge of english so i could come up with such great stuff, keep up the good work and i hope to see more from u guys.

ps. no sarcasm i really do love it.

Dordoulin
12-03-2003, 10:49 PM
Kinda reminds me of Trigun, which is a good thing

morningstar
12-04-2003, 06:34 AM
hi oppa~
this is me*^^*
i've seen this several times when you were still working on it...
and I think it progressed a lot in short amount of time~!!! two thumbs up~!!!! ^^
i'm so proud of you~!! finally finishing your proj. !!
i still need to finish mine though....ㅠ.ㅠ

facial
12-07-2003, 06:06 AM
Cool, :thumbsup:

random.hero
12-07-2003, 11:27 AM
i dont have time to read the other posts or watch the vid, but in the pic you've posted there ( great model by the way :applause: ), the his figure looks a bit girly, his waist looks too thin to me.

fluxxx
12-08-2003, 03:38 AM
thin waist is concept for more sharp character image,

but it's look ugly, it's my mistake ;)

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.