dreamz
11-29-2003, 12:20 PM
http://server4.uploadit.org/files/291103-THEMUSE.JPG
+digitalphotoart + handpainted ps7/elements + optic mouse+

my vision of the muse, the inspiration that supposedly visits,
leaves, and suggests things to an artist, my muse provokes
dreams of lore and tales, with this image i try to achieve
the quality of a dream as my source of inspiration
stands between reality and the entrance of dreamland.

Garma
11-29-2003, 02:09 PM
It's nice. Very much like your other paintings. What bothers me with your style in general is that I can't extract a certain well defined emotion with them. In this case it's because the face of the girl is fuzzy. I feel this is kind of disturbing. The images invite me for a feeling but don't define what kind of feeling. This leaves me with a sort of unsatisfied feeling. I know I'm kind of vague, but I hope you get what I mean.

For this one I feel cold, but not anger, separation, loneliness etc which are usually related to cold. Imho dreams are full of emotion and your art sets the perfect mood (especially because we don't really see what's going on) but lacks the emotion itself.

[edit] I'd like to add that the picture catches my attention for quite a while and makes me thinking about it which is good :)

dreamz
11-30-2003, 03:38 AM
oh, yes! definitely good!
thankz so much 4 the input ;0]

Soulstorm
12-02-2003, 03:54 AM
i really like this, i made something similar once. i like the choice of colors you used for the skin. my one crit would be the blurry face, it doesnt really go well with the rest of the image

coincidentally im listening to a song by muse, hehe

Drakaran
12-07-2003, 08:39 AM
this is one time where your minimalistic style really shines. As a muse, the girl in the pic doesn't really need a face. I would have probably colored the butterfly in the upper left corner, but the treatment of the rest is quite nice.

you have that nice layered effect with the leaves and butterflies around her form.

I do agree the face is a weak point. you could have used that space as showing a flowing forth of music, or whatever muse it is supposed to be, or done a very minimalistic face like the others of yours I have seen, since in some ways, the face does't need to be an important element here.

nice work

dreamz
12-07-2003, 03:50 PM
thank u so much for the positive vibz,
indeed i don't feel that the face is an important element in the all compo,
as i wanted to convey the spirit or soul on the space between reality and dreamz.

Keiyentai
12-30-2003, 11:18 AM
I love it. Your art is inspring me to do more. It really is. Wow.

dreamz
12-30-2003, 02:37 PM
Keiyentai i have visited your 3D work,
and i have to bow to the master,
absolutely inspiring work!!!!!

Keiyentai
12-31-2003, 10:44 PM
Wow I'm shocked. I have never had anyone tell me there where inspired by my work. Wow. THank you Dreamz.

InKraBid
01-14-2004, 01:50 PM
Now THIS is excellent work.. I'm getting kind of a Kabuki vibe. (comic novel by D Mack) You should enter this for Expose or something.. Amazed.

Makaze
01-16-2004, 10:07 AM
I usually don't comment much here, but I just have to comment this one.
I think you really captured the dreamlike feeling to it, and I kinda like the blurry face. It enhances the feeling of a dream... One of the best pieces I have seen here on CGTalk...
You really deserve a place in Exposé. =)

dreamz
01-16-2004, 08:58 PM
ok guyz, U win ;0]
i have this work submited to expose2!!!
i am so proud to be among so many talented artists!!!
dreamz do come true ;0] hiip hipp hurraaaaaaa!!!!!

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.