PDA

View Full Version : Angel Modeling Help

Angelo_Blaze
11-29-2003, 03:42 AM
Hey everyone! I'm new here. I just wasnted to get some feed back on this little problem I have.

I'm modeling a sort of angel like girl in lightwave. I have her body completley done, I just don't know how to get started on wings of any kind. The type of wings I want are detailed not just general shape wings. Does anyone know of any tutorial pertaining to wings what so ever? help would be apreciated.
Thank you.

-A-

eYadNesS
11-29-2003, 12:30 PM
If "Maya" try to use paintFX, and try google you will find a tutorial for that...

Good luck

Garma
11-29-2003, 01:16 PM
yea, first define the basic shape of the wings and then indeed paintFX would be the way to go. If you don't have maya you could also consider shave & haircut. NExt to hair you can define your own geometry which s&h uses instead of the hair.

Rei Ayanami
11-29-2003, 03:15 PM
Since no-one has said anything about using lightwave, here is what i sugesst:

Geometry - just build up each feather, use a basic feather shape and alpha maps to make it look detailed, then clone this (use point clone plus) loads of times to make the whole wing.
dont forget to vary the size of the feathers down the wing etc.

Sprites - Similar to the above, but make sprites of the wings, and move them into the wing shape.

Which everway you go, it is definaty recomended to build the top of the wing, and then make feathers using the above or different.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.