PDA

View Full Version : Sakaguchi's (Square-Enix) studio in Honolulu

NOV
11-29-2003, 02:48 AM
hi everybody,

I hope this is the right place to post my question. According the game news at IGN.com, Square-Enix JP is still sending works (currently FF12) to Sakaguchi in Honolulu. Does anybody know anything about Sakaguchi's studio in Honolulu? Is there still a R&D department (for games) left overthere? thanks!! :-)

heavyness
11-29-2003, 07:53 AM
maybe for the FMV cut scenes in the Final Fantasy games? don't know. but they do have a lot of games coming out or out now [FFX-2, FF12, and the Crystal Cronicals one for the GC].

that's a lot of rendering.

PhilOsirus
11-29-2003, 04:29 PM
The studio was set up years ago for the making of the movie/ It was also used for Final Flight of the Osiris and probably for game development as well. But it seems that since the merging with Enix the studios were closed and all was moved back to Japan. If I remember right, Sprite Entertainment (a new company created from former Japanese employees that worked on FF titles and the movie) are now using the studios, but I haven't heard from them in a while.

Good article here. (http://www.ffwa.org/news/23-07-2003.html)

puch
12-01-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Phil "Osirus"
The studio was set up years ago for the making of the movie/ It was also used for Final Flight of the Osiris and probably for game development as well. But it seems that since the merging with Enix the studios were closed and all was moved back to Japan. If I remember right, Sprite Entertainment (a new company created from former Japanese employees that worked on FF titles and the movie) are now using the studios, but I haven't heard from them in a while.

Good article here. (http://www.ffwa.org/news/23-07-2003.html)

Square offices in Hawaii have been closed for a while now, but Sakaguchi still lives in Hawaii. It seems that he likes it there!

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.