PDA

View Full Version : Nest a custom toolbar in a custom shelf?

twosheds
07-22-2012, 01:57 AM
My thread title is fairly self-explanatory, but anyway...

I have numerous custom toolbars and only recently discovered the joy of custom shelves and tabs.
I was hoping I could simply drag a toolbar onto a shelf and have it nest itself into it, but that's not working.
So is there any way to get my toolbars into various tabs in a single custom shelf?
Or am I just hosed and have to recreate them all manually?

Thanks. :)

luceric
07-23-2012, 03:43 PM
"shelf" cannot contain references to existing toolbars, unfortunately.

two choices.
1) first one is to copy the stuff from your existing toolbar onto the new shelf you created. you can this by
a) drag and dropping each button one by one to the new shelf tab
b) copying the text of the exiting toolbar from its XML ".xsitb" file into the XML ".xsitb" file of the shelf

2) instead of using a shelf, you could create a Custom View instead (View->New Custom Relational View..), which can have tabs (Right click, "New Tray Switcher"). In each tab, you can add your existing toolbar (right click, "Set Toolbar/Shelf")
Click on the new tab and in the Relational View Editor toolbar above the view, you can set the position of the switcher to the top instead of the bottom of the view

twosheds
07-23-2012, 09:32 PM
Thank you very much Luc-Eric, very informative and helpful. :)

I like the idea of a Custom View, I've never tried that before.

CGTalk Moderation
07-23-2012, 09:32 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.