PDA

View Full Version : What is this black hole form?

GornyN
07-21-2012, 01:50 AM
I have this problem with my Mia material x. This black hole just won't go away. I have moved my reflections and refractions all over the scale with no success. It is not my IBL it has no black anywhere in it. I have tried placing lights everywhere, again with so success. I figure it is something small that I haven't clicked yet, but please help.

Here is the render.

http://imgur.com/EzppQ

catche
07-22-2012, 11:50 AM
maybe it's trying to reflect itself more than it can, try turning up max reflections

SirDan
07-22-2012, 12:56 PM
If its a reflection problem i guess it tries to reflect something that doesnt exist.
That means looking at the cone like shape in the middle of your picture you just see the "black" environment.
If i'm right it might change by adding something like a skydome to your scene or quick check it by changing the environment color to a mid grey.
That's the general problem with reflections, if nothing is there to reflect you won't see any difference after changing values.

If its a refraction problem you normally would see right through the cone like shape.
So you would see whats beneath the water surface while, maybe penetrating some more layers of the water.
Try to add a plane with a bright color under your water surface and check if the black disappears while adjusting the refraction value / exit color / depth.

Its just guessing but maybe it points in some useful direction.

CGTalk Moderation
07-22-2012, 12:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.