PDA

View Full Version : Problems exporting UVs with Softimage

AberAber
07-20-2012, 04:29 AM
I have an object, which I have selected polygons inside it and done texture projections/new texture for each, by doing Add->Image, then editing UVs in uv editor. It ended up with 5 clusters/uv sets. When I go to export the object to .obj format, it seems only export one of the uv sets correctly, the rest have no uvs, making my export rather useless, although it does have the correct texture assigned.

What am I doing wrong? You don't need only one material/texture per object do you? It seems like it only exports on uv set, and misses the others part of object. I can't find a way to export it.

Thanks!

mattmos
07-23-2012, 09:47 AM
I think obj export only supports one uv set. If you want to export to maya try the crosswalk/fbx export. That suports multiple uvs, and can embed textures.

AberAber
07-26-2012, 02:37 AM
What's weird is I had tried exporting to fbx, and reimporting, and it seemed to also lose the uv data.

CGTalk Moderation
07-26-2012, 02:37 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.