PDA

View Full Version : Scott Eaton anatomy course, is it worth it?

ecas
07-18-2012, 10:26 PM
Hello guys,

Im planning to register to Scott Eaton anatomy course but I was wondering one thing,
I did a few CGworkshops before and the best thing about them was the instructor
notes, now with Scott course in order to get his notes you have to register to the
full enrollment which is a bit too much for me, my question is how usefull this
course with the Standard enrollment? Is there someone else to give you notes
and help or you just get to see the video?

FrankIowa
07-19-2012, 02:54 AM
Eran:

I took his Anatomy for Digital Artists when it was not "split" and Scott provided weekly feedback via email as well as a weekly video overview of the assignment. I finished his Digital Figure Sculpting with the no critique option because the full enrollment option filled quite early. Scott did post individual video critiques for full enrollment students. His critiques were excellent. There is a lot of good information and much to learn in either course, but if you are not full enrollment you will only have access to the instructional videos and supporting material. You really need to complete the assignments to get the most out of the course. I would email Scott and ask him if he still posts the weekly overview of the assignment videos. If so, you can complete your assignment and be on the "honor system" to check your own work. By watching his weekly assignment overviews (some of them were 30 minutes long) you can compare your work to his and spot any errors (that is, if he still posts them). I had to watch some of the weekly videos several times and I did complete the weekly assignments and did learn a lot.

Regards,

Frank

ecas
07-22-2012, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the reply Frank, Im still not sure this course is the best way, it seems
a bit too much to pay $495 for videos.
Anyway Ill check the things you said, maybe you get some other people feedback or something.

oferkapota
07-22-2012, 07:42 PM
Hi Eran,
I'm taking this course now, and I can tell you that it is really worth it. Im on the full enrollment plan, but I think everyone can see the weekly reviews, and they are very through. I think this course is very very good either way you choose to take it, and its far more then just videos. You get to see tons of reference images of live models, drawings, sculptures, CT scan data, dissections and also a 3D tour of an ecorche in ZBrush, as Scott draws over them. The assignments are difficult but essential, and really get the material across.
I tried reading some books, took sculpting and drawing classes in school, and I'm doing lots of life drawing, and really none of it helped me understand anatomy as this course does. Its a concentrated dose and at least for me it is very effective.

Good luck!
Ofer

CGTalk Moderation
07-22-2012, 07:42 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.