PDA

View Full Version : Projecting a Camera View Onto A Mesh Without Rendering

ozioz
07-18-2012, 03:07 PM
Is is possible in Softimage?

Just like the game engines , Can we project our camera's views onto specific things like meshes or surfaces ?

I do not want to render the camera and use the image sequences in order to see the result as an animated diffuse map on my object. .

How can I achive that ?

Am I looking for something impossible ?

Best Regards ;

Ozan

Stoehr
08-20-2012, 09:21 AM
No, that doesn't sound impossible. You may consider searching for Paul Smith on Vimeo, as he has documented many experiments with the raycast node in the ICE tree, and may be what you need.

ozioz
08-26-2012, 11:33 AM
Stoehr

I donno What to say but You are my hero ... You have saved my life. That is exactly what I have been looking for for the last 6 mounths.

You are great ..

Thank you so much again..

Best Regards;

Ozan

ozioz
08-27-2012, 10:30 AM
OK .. I have watched the videos and they were awasome . It was pretty straight forward and so appliable for a project.

But, having to have a high resolution mesh whose weight map is used at projecting stage is not that usefull for me ...

That would be great If we had a chance to raycast the objects directly onto the UV space of an object. Like a single grid object which has only on polygon.

Is it possible ?

gustavoeb
08-27-2012, 04:05 PM
have you seen Poobys videos on the use of pixel particles?
it generates many particles ontop of your mesh for texture bombing, so you dont need to subdivide it

CGTalk Moderation
08-27-2012, 04:05 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.