PDA

View Full Version : Issues with lightwave, need help.

RudeYuut
11-28-2003, 03:10 PM
Ok, here we go. I just built a computer, running Windows XP with all the latest updates. I have 4 partions, one hard drive as the main drive (C drive) where all my programs get installed. I'm trying to install lightwave 7.0 for the PC, unfortunately I running into a couple problems. Everytime I install the program, it installs into my Windows folder. I can't do a full install because it looks like some of the files in the contents folder is corrupt, so the intaller always crashes when I try to do a full install. I opted for the custom install, where I choose what to install from the CD, but it doesn't give me the choice of installing it in my programs folder, it automatically installs into my Windows folder. The next problem is after actually running the program getting the product ID after the install. I restarted my cpu, ran lightwave now I'm getting a message saying that there is no hardware lock and it is running in demo mode. Argghh, I don't know what to do now. It's possible that I have a corrupt CD, so I'm wondering whether I should order another CD for the PC. I already ordered the LW 8.0 upgrade so should I wait until that comes out and hopefully it is a full install. Another problem is that I upgraded to the dual dongle so maybe the PC version is still looking for my serial dongle and that's causing the problems. I don't know, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Tommi
11-28-2003, 03:23 PM
You need an update of the Sentinel driver (key lock) for Windows XP. Then be sure, that your key text file is placed in the program folder of LW...

RudeYuut
11-28-2003, 03:27 PM
oh yeah, I did get a message that the lock was not certified for XP, but I still went along with the install. Is there an updated driver on Newtek's website or anywhere else that I can get it. Plus I just realized that because it is installing into my Windows folder I don't see the license.key file anywhere.

Tommi
11-28-2003, 03:41 PM
Look for the email you received from Newtek - I hope you didn't delete your mails :)

The key driver should be available at Rainbow.com - look for the Sentinel driver

RudeYuut
11-28-2003, 03:42 PM
Hey Thanks alot.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.