PDA

View Full Version : Scripted Effector + MoGraph Selection in Full Control Mode ?

douwe
07-17-2012, 01:07 AM
I thought I'd done it before,
but apparently I can't seem to figure this one out tonight.

Can you use a MoGraph Selection with a Python or a Coffee Effector in Full Control Mode ?
A few lines of code or an example would be very welcome of course,
but just a hint in the right direction will do.

Appreciated,
d

Scott Ayers
07-17-2012, 06:32 PM
The question of being able to use mo-selection tags with Python has come up at the plugin cafe. But nobody seemed to have an answer.
My guess is it's not possible with Python&Coffee. Only with C++.
Because it requires a special struct called "GetMGSelectionMessage" to store the BaseSelect state value inside of the tag. And it does not appear to be supported in the two scripting languages yet.
GetMGSelectionMessage seems to only be available in C++

You can grab the selection tag by doing this: gen.GetFirstTag() in the Python effector's code.
But I don't think it's possible to get at the value inside of it.

-ScottA

douwe
07-21-2012, 12:52 PM
Too bad.
Thanks for clearing that up, Scott.

You can grab the selection tag by doing this: gen.GetFirstTag() in the Python effector's code. But I don't think it's possible to get at the value inside of it.

Ye, did a quick attempt, but couldn't seem to get anything useful out of it at first sight.

cheers,
d

CGTalk Moderation
07-21-2012, 12:52 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.