PDA

View Full Version : uv mapping

illuxon
06-13-2002, 03:22 PM
hi people, i'm new to this forum and wanted some tips about uv mapping. i'm using uv mapping in 3dsmax to map a human hand. the prob is that the unwrapped map that is being generated is too jumbled up. in fact the front part of the fingers are being obstructed by the bottom. its impoosible to find out where to start painting.

Tamseel Alvi

leigh
06-14-2002, 12:49 PM
What kind of projection did you use?? Planar? Cylindrical? Spherical?
When unwrapping, this projection you use is very important, and the one you decide on using varies depending on the shape of the model.
Post a screenshot of what happened here, so we can see....

illuxon
06-15-2002, 07:19 AM
i have been researching this thing for the past couple of days and i found the answer myself. i was trying to map a single cylinderical map to the whole hand. the problem with that was that there were a lot of faces around the fingers and thumb which were having the same uv coordinates. i wud now need to map a cylinder map to each of the fingers and a cylinder for the rest of the had. if any one has any other suggestions then plz help me out. another question i wanted to ask was that, is there ne other 3d painting software other than deep paint 3d or body paint, there dont seem to b enuff of them in the market

Tamseel Alvi

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.