ASHOOR
07-13-2012, 12:23 PM
Hello all
My name is Ashour from Palestine - Gaza
This is my story with the 3D design
Since 2008, after completing high school
I was excited to enter into the production of games and Animation films
But unfortunately does not exist in my country this major
So I decided to learn myself, and started with the program 3dsmax, in addition to know the number of programs such as
zbrush , Photoshop,and udk
But could not reach an advanced level
Look here and there for lessons qualify me to move forward in this beautiful world wide
But to no avail
And before 6 or 7 months from now
I did not work on any 3d program
So I decided to do to learn from new
But using the program Maya instead of 3dsmax In addition to the above-mentioned programs
So I hope you, put me on the right track to learn even a modest level of origin is not quite

ASHOOR
07-16-2012, 04:32 PM
please help me
thanks in advance

ASHOOR
08-13-2012, 01:07 PM
anyone help me
128 Views and no one replies

taxguy
08-13-2012, 01:38 PM
First, It is my understanding that you can take courses very cheaply at Isreali universities. Is this not the case? If so, Isreal is known for having some of the best universities in the world especially for anything techie.

Assuming you don't want to attend university in Isreal, We have a LARGE number of schools. Just check out the list of schools in these forums that are broken down by Asia, Europe and North America. Moreover, there are some trade schools where you don't get a degree such as Gnomon School of Visual Effects and Animation mentor, iAnimate etc.

Also, Gnomon in particular offers a huge array of instructive videos for a flat yearly fee. YOu could learn all that you need by thoroughly going through these videos.

Just do some reading and some homework.

leigh
08-13-2012, 02:17 PM
First, It is my understanding that you can take courses very cheaply at Isreali universities. Is this not the case? If so, Isreal is known for having some of the best universities in the world especially for anything techie.

Errr, the poster is from Palestine, a country which is currently under a brutal illegal occupation by Israel. I somehow doubt that Israeli universities are an option for him.

ASHOOR
08-14-2012, 11:06 AM

Assuming you don't want to attend university in Isreal, We have a LARGE number of schools. Just check out the list of schools in these forums that are broken down by Asia, Europe and North America. Moreover, there are some trade schools where you don't get a degree such as Gnomon School of Visual Effects and Animation mentor, iAnimate etc.

Also, Gnomon in particular offers a huge array of instructive videos for a flat yearly fee. YOu could learn all that you need by thoroughly going through these videos.

Just do some reading and some homework.
I do not know the existence of Israeli universities
Even if there was
Area not open to the study or even get out of Gaza
Even if the field of study is open to Israel
I will not pay one penny in learning in Israeli universities of return to be the sons of my people with death and bloodshed

I will try to choose the best schools and the cheapest price
Errr, the poster is from Palestine, a country which is currently under a brutal illegal occupation by Israel. I somehow doubt that Israeli universities are an option for him.
This is impossible.

THANKS FOR HELP :)

taxguy
08-14-2012, 02:23 PM
Look, I don't know what is going on between Isreal and the Palistinians. I hear all kinds of horror stories in the US concerning atrocities on both sides. I believe the truth of the situation is somewhere in the middle.

I did some research and, to my surprise, I believe that the Isreali universities are open to you. In fact, you might even be able to go for free or at VERY low cost, as astonishing as that seems.

As for not attending Isreali universities if they are available to you, I certainly understand your attitude. However, let me give you a quote that someone said to me many years ago. It was true then, and I have lived by it for many years.

"The best revenge you can get on someone who wronged you is to make money off them."Having any other view seems to me like 'biting your nose to spite your face.'

Xistel
08-14-2012, 09:12 PM
If you don't have the financial capacity to study outside of your country and there are no options in your country, I HIGHLY recommend websites like fxphd, Digital-Tutors and Gnomon Workshop as well as Lynda.com.

There are great videos there to help you become good at whatever it is you want.

The programs are just a tool. Anyone can learn them. what you really need to do is practice and get better.

People here at the forum will be more than happy to help you (you post some work in progress, they comment, you fix it, etc).

carson4k
08-17-2012, 06:51 PM
Isn't there a sticky someplace about keeping political opinions out :hmm:

Gaza Egypt and Gaza Strip are two different places.

taxguy
08-17-2012, 08:20 PM
Carson4k, yes, you are right. However, I guess different rules applies to moderators such as Leigh! It is akin to the movie, "The watchers." Who is watching the moderators?

leigh
08-21-2012, 04:30 PM
Isn't there a sticky someplace about keeping political opinions out :hmm:

Gaza Egypt and Gaza Strip are two different places.

Did you even read his post? Amazing how you somehow missed the second line of the very first post in a thread you decided to read. Here it is again:

My name is Ashour from Palestine - Gaza

He probably chose Egypt as his country because I don't think Palestine is in the country drop-down list on this site; there is no Gaza in Egypt (the Gaza strip is, however, located alongside the Egyptian border), so perhaps you should take a geography lesson before swanning into a thread solely to take an unnecessary potshot at someone. Don't have anything constructive to post? Then don't post.

Stating that Palestine is under an illegal occupation isn't a political opinion, it's a fact. And it's relevant to this thread with regards to my response to taxguy's suggestion to investigate Israeli universities because as a result of this occupation, Palestinians are routinely denied access to education in Israel, just as they are routinely denied many other basic needs. Don't believe me? Don't know the facts? Then look it up before posting.

Carson4k, yes, you are right. However, I guess different rules applies to moderators such as Leigh! It is akin to the movie, "The watchers." Who is watching the moderators?

Read the point above regarding facts as opposed to opinions; I find your snide insinuation about me almost offensive.

taxguy
08-21-2012, 06:03 PM
Leigh notes,"Stating that Palestine is under an illegal occupation isn't a political opinion, it's a fact.

Response: Oh , what fact? They participated in a war on Isreal and lost! Who should have control of those areas doesn't seem to be a set fact at all, which is one reason we have two posters wondering about your response!

Leigh also notes, "And it's relevant to this thread with regards to my response to taxguy's suggestion to investigate Israeli universities because as a result of this occupation, Palestinians are routinely denied access to education in Israel, just as they are routinely denied many other basic needs. Don't believe me? Don't know the facts? Then look it up before posting.

Response: Funny, ,when I did some research and actually asked someone, who was from Gaza, whether Isreali universities were "denied access to education in Isreal," I was told that they can have access to Isreali universities. It is my understanding that there are Palistinian kids in both undergrad and graduate schools there, contrary to your blanket statement. However, your post prompted me to specifically contact several Isreali universities and confirm or deny what I was told. Never let it be said that I didn't research the issue. I will report back once I receive any word.

Finally, I find it strange that despite NOT being the one who was first put off by what seemingly was a political statement, you directed almost your entire post against me! What about the first poster? I'll bet you don't even see a bias here, Leigh!

leigh
08-21-2012, 07:04 PM
Oh , what fact? They participated in a war on Isreal and lost! Who should have control of those areas doesn't seem to be a set fact at all, which is one reason we have two posters wondering about your response!

I suggest you pick up a history book. How you can possibly be unaware of the blockade and illegal (in international law) occupation on Gaza is absolutely astounding. Are US news sources not reporting anything about the constant problems with illegal settlements? Because it's in the news here all the time.

Now this is starting to branch off into a political discussion so I would gently recommend you take this up via PM if you want to continue discussing this point, suffice to say that Palestine is currently under an illegal occupation, whether you like it or not. Considering my own parents lived in Israel for many years, my one sister was born there, and this conflict is one of particular interest to me (I've participated in marches and demonstrations in London over the years regarding this conflict as I'm passionate about the issue, because of its disturbing echoes of the apartheid regime in Africa that I grew up in), I think it's safe to say I'm more educated on the region's history and politics than you clearly are, so you might want to consider refraining from lecturing me on the subject.

Funny, ,when I did some research and actually asked someone, who was from Gaza, whether Isreali universities were "denied access to education in Isreal," I was told that they can have access to Isreali universities. It is my understanding that there are Palistinian kids in both undergrad and graduate schools there, contrary to your blanket statement. However, your post prompted me to specifically contact several Isreali universities and confirm or deny what I was told. Never let it be said that I didn't research the issue. I will report back once I receive any word.

Look through some news articles from the last four or five years, and you'll find plenty of documented cases of Palestinians being denied access to tertiary education in Israel. With all due respect, you don't seem to know anything about this conflict at all; hell, you even admitted that much in an earlier post. And I'm sorry, but I'm having a really hard time believing that you "asked someone from Gaza" whether or not they can attend university in Israel. What, did you just type in "Gaza person's email address" into google, find someone, and ask them? I also have a hard time believing you actually contacted Israeli universities, although I'm sure you won't own up to the truth of that matter so there's no point in even arguing it. Suffice to say, I don't believe you've spoken to anyone from Gaza and I don't think you contacted any universities before posting your earlier response about it.

Here's some stuff for you to read.

http://www.richardsilverstein.com/tikun_olam/2009/05/28/banning-palestinian-students-from-israeli-universities/

Even elements of Israel's own parliament oppose what they admit is a policy of discrimination against Palestinian students, which has yet to be overturned: http://www.haaretz.com/news/knesset-education-panel-let-palestinian-students-attend-israeli-universities-1.208195

As you can see, I didn't post here originally to wave my political views around, I posted because it's a fact that Israeli universities are not really an option for Palestinians. Sure, some do attend them, but you can't blame the rest (including the original poster) for not even bothering to attempt it, because of the discrimination they face.

Finally, I find it strange that despite NOT being the one who was first put off by what seemingly was a political statement, you directed almost your entire post against me! What about the first poster? I'll bet you don't even see a bias here, Leigh!

What? Only the last sentence of my post was directed at you. The rest of it was clearly addressed to the other guy; I'd have thought the fact that the bulk of my response was posted directly below a quote from the other guy's post made that clear.

taxguy
08-21-2012, 07:13 PM
To your disbelief, I did send an email to two universities in Isreal to find out whether Palistinian kids have access to Isreali universities. I will post the results of their email when I get it.

I do, however, believe, and specifically witnessed this in an Isreali newspaper that there is sadly discrimination in Isreal especially regarding housing. There seems to be certain areas not open to Muslims and not open to Jews. I am greatly saddened by this. However, I don't know the situation with regard to Isreali universities, which I hope to find out more.

As for living there, I don't know your background. There are a lot of people who live there. I suspect that depending on their background, they have a biased perspective pro or con.

This is certainly the case for Americans. Elderly have a very different view of things than those who are much younger. Black Americans have a very different perspective regarding existing racism and affirmative action than that of Asians or even other indiginous groups. As I said, you certainly can be VERY biased depending on your background. I would bet that if you asked a number of native Isrealis , they wouldn't agree that the occupation is illegal.

ASHOOR
08-29-2012, 02:16 PM
@ taxguy
Thank you for your interest in the subject

@ Xistel
Thank you for your response is encouraging
In the near future I would have a lot of posts and works
And I would be happy, very constructive criticism and help me

@ leigh
You are right,I can not find my country on the list
I chose the nearest neighboring Arab country and us
I hope that Palestine is added to the list
Already my friend, everything you said said is true about Palestine and their suffering by Israelis

@ leigh
Thank you for your interest in the topic

@ ALL
Thanks for everyone's attention
I hope to find the best and shortest way that qualify me for professional field of three-dimensional design
Knowing that I'll have your comments and your advice
Thanks again

CB_3D
08-30-2012, 04:13 PM
Look, I don't know what is going on between Isreal and the Palistinians.

:surprised

CGTalk Moderation
08-30-2012, 04:13 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.