PDA

View Full Version : Calculation order problem in xpresso

Jaist
07-13-2012, 09:45 AM
Hi guys,

i've been trying to get around this problem all morning.

Basically i try to get the position of the clones after a couple of formula effectors and assign the position of the middle point of each corresponding spline to that clone, trying to get the impression that the spheres are kept floating by ropes.

I attached a screenshot of my scene.

There's always a 1 frame lag between the spheres and the spline points.
I tried moving stuff around (forumla effectors THEN clones THEN lines then Xpresso) then i tried moving it again (you never know), i also tried to get a low priority on the xpresso tag to make it calculate after everything, but to no avail.

The Xgroup list is already ordered as it should (from left to right)

Do any of you have a suggestion?

Thanks a lot

LucentDreams
07-14-2012, 01:49 AM
I don't see any ordering of any sort to make this work, not sure how you mean that you ordered the xgroup. First node I see is sfere, but it is second in your xgroup, not the first. link list is first even though its one of the last nodes in the graph.

rearrange your xgroup to read:

sfere
data
iteration
linklist
data
point

that's how you prioritize nodes.

Next your cloner with the sfere is the last thing in your hierarchy while all of your sweeps and splines are earlier in the hierarchy. try putting that earlier in the hierarchy, that is probably the biggest culprit.

Even with all that it may not fix it, because of when the xpresso calculates which is before generators. If it still isn't working try changing the priority of the xpresso tag to generators. (if it is leave it)

If that still doesn't work that is going to be because what your doing is a tough setup for C4D. You want the splines to attach to a generator before they are then used to change a generator (the sweep) that's a sort of loop and thus can have an inherent lag if no baking is used. TRy my sugestions first as they are good practice to learn and might fix it, but if not well then you know why it doesn't and that baking will be your solution to get a smooth playback.

Jaist
07-16-2012, 02:21 PM
Nope,
doesn't work.
I guess the only alternative i got now is caching.

Thanks for your thorough answer, i forgot to reorder the nodes in the xgroup before posting, thanks for pointing that out.

CGTalk Moderation
07-16-2012, 02:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.