PDA

View Full Version : Master/Slave HD labeling not politically correct anymore....argh!

Neil
11-28-2003, 05:14 AM
When will these frivilous lawsuits stop!?

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/ptech/11/26/master.term.reut/index.html

-----
California (Reuters) -- Los Angeles officials have asked that manufacturers, suppliers and contractors stop using the terms "master" and "slave" on computer equipment, saying such terms are unacceptable and offensive.
-----

GRMac13
11-28-2003, 06:03 AM
For the love of God, what is happening in this country!?

First the Rockstar (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=105957) debacle, and now THIS!?!

This would actually be pretty funny if it wasn't such a sad commentary on just how far out of hand the left-wing propaganda machine has gone. This kind of crap just fuels more ignorance and hatred! Then again, it sometimes seems like that's exactly what some members of the so-called "PC crowd" want.

Please somebody make it stop!!! :banghead:

chudofsinister
11-28-2003, 06:31 AM
Good god, you know slave is a real word, not a racial slander. Retarded!

Per-Anders
11-28-2003, 07:05 AM
already posted

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=105647

eliseu gouveia
11-28-2003, 08:56 AM
Sounds to me like these people have too much time in their hands.

Gentle Fury
11-28-2003, 06:15 PM
I still say they need to modernize the term to Pimp drive and Ho Drive........then ingnant people that are going to get offended by technical terms they dont understand will get it and wont be offended anymore :)

Know what I think the funniest and saddest part of it all is.......people wanna blame white european and/or americans for slavery......in reality it was their own people that sold them.

Pathetic that so many are so ill informed of their own history......but hey, if people knew the truth, where would there be room for headlines like this?!?!?!

Gotta breed hate to gain publicity!

Chewey
11-28-2003, 07:14 PM
These feel good proposals are no doubt propogated by the same whiney crowd that lobbied for the banishment of Disney's Song of the South film classic and the Amos and Andy tv shows.

What's next? A proposal to modify the gov of California's last name?
:rolleyes:

rock
11-28-2003, 07:41 PM
How about King and Servants? :)

Neil
11-28-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by mdme_sadie
already posted

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=105647

oops. Well i did a search for master/slave on here and nothing came up. "Do you find it offensive" isn't very descriptive either ;)

gmask
11-28-2003, 11:01 PM
Why didn't Cable Select catch on?

Myce
11-29-2003, 12:25 AM
wtf, thats just down right stupid, its not like the computers can dicriminate against the slave drive, man those guys must be so computer illiterate it aint funny!!:cry:

Its gettin ridicoulous.

although parent/child could be a suitable suggestion, or maybe boss/teaboy...OOOPs i mean "teaperson".

t-toe
11-29-2003, 12:35 AM
yeah, this crap just isn't even funny... my gosh...

Cageman
11-29-2003, 12:40 AM
Hahaha... this is funny! :)

Shinova
11-29-2003, 12:43 AM
Let us all be thankful that it's only for LA County now.

BillB
11-29-2003, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by Myce
wtf, thats just down right stupid, its not like the computers can dicriminate against the slave drive, man those guys must be so computer illiterate it aint funny!!:cry:

Sure they discriminate - many (older) motherboards won't boot off a slave drive :)

To misquote Bugs, "Want a bunch a maroons"

Julez4001
11-29-2003, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by Gentle Fury
I still say they need to modernize the term to Pimp drive and Ho Drive........then ingnant people that are going to get offended by technical terms they dont understand will get it and wont be offended anymore :)

Know what I think the funniest and saddest part of it all is.......people wanna blame white european and/or americans for slavery......in reality it was their own people that sold them.

Black Americans know all too well the how and why of American slavery system. Africans sold Africans who either a defeated tribe or just as the wrong place at the wrong time. To go one further , it was really about how gold lost a lot of its value in West Africa (which was a major supplier) during 1600/1700s and used the slave trade to stabilize the economy for another 100 years. It still crumbled but that what fueled it. Black Americans don't dismiss it or turn a blind eye too it at all, its the treatment of blacks in America after the civilwar that really is the stinging part. Jim Crow laws and just plain ol' secondclass citizenship and enduring remainder the how/why in this country for another 100 years.

Lost of white ppl are descendents from indentured servants (East Europeans, Irish, Italians) but they didn't get the whole racial stick during the last 150 years. Even in the late 50s, blacks were portrayed as sub-humans in mainstream literature.

Lawsuit IS petty but don't think its black ppl that started it or lobbying it...

chudofsinister
11-29-2003, 02:48 AM
I don't think anyone is implying that black people have anything to do with this law suit or that this compares in anyway to True discriminatory cases(which this type of case does severe damage to in terms of legitamacy). Its our blood thirsty lawyers and screwed up Judicial system in this country that I think most people are fed up with. The lawyers are the only ones who make out in most of these suits. I have an entire seperate rant on that but I think the point is, look at how stupid this is and what a waste of time, and I am sure a better cause is being neglected because of it!

Julez4001
11-29-2003, 02:59 AM
I was just responded to "gentle fury" quiel slam on "their ppl". I think it was out of place and misdirected.

lawyers are just a wonderbar time in our country and we let them get this way but i have to say its part of capitalism - a big mainstay but we are using them to change our culture as well. Take for instance - the highscool hazing incident in middle america ..they girls were caught on tape - HAZING - physically abusing the other girls to almost criminal status and they were expelled. So what happen? Do the parents add to their punishment ..try to teach them morales..NOPE..they sue the school system ..see we teach ppl if you can't have your way..if it ain't right to you THEN SUE!

WE love suing ppl in America!!!!

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.