PDA

View Full Version : Vertex Skinning values.

Binxx
07-11-2012, 05:57 AM
Howdy guys, I'm still a beginner at Mel, however I was wondering how to get the smooth skin values from the vertexes. What i'm trying to do is create a script with allows you to lock vertexes off from getting any influence then allow the user to paint on the model without worrying about painting on unwanted vertexes. In addition I was also hoping to find out if it was possible to alter the vertex color (even when its unselected) so the user would be able to visually look at where it's locked, so if need be could remove the lock.

hopefully u guys could give me a few pointers and thanks in advance

H2o-KiD
07-11-2012, 06:27 AM
Hi Binxx, I haven't try to get the vertex weights, but I know the "skinPercent" command has a flag that can query a vertex and may return an array depending on how much joints are influencing the vertex
skinPercent -value -query "skinCluster1"; //with a vertex selected

zoharl
07-11-2012, 07:11 AM
When I need to paint on a specific group of vertices, I simply select them, then apply the skin weight tool. You can hide the other vertices.

CGTalk Moderation
07-11-2012, 07:11 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.