PDA

View Full Version : Housing (Looking for a Room? Looking for a Roomate?) POST HERE

RobertoOrtiz
07-10-2012, 08:24 PM
Hey guys, I am posting this for those who either are looking for a place to stay or are looking for roomates for the duration the conference.
-R
NOTE: Caveat emptor
The CGSOCIETY/ Ballistic Media/ Roberto Ortiz is not reponsible for the actions of the person who meet using this thread.

dsarno
07-24-2012, 09:29 PM
Hi there,

I have a second bedroom available I'd be willing to let (possibly very) cheaply to a 3D graphic artist or game designer during SIGGRAPH 2012. I live a five minute walk from a subway stop on the Metro Redline, which goes straight downtown and stops close to the convention center.

The room is comfortable and quiet, in a pretty nice condo complex with a pool and lots of trees. Places to eat and drink nearby, one subway stop from Hollywood, and 20-25m to downtown stop near convention center.

I'm a journalist/researcher who is interested in how next-gen computer graphics can work in journalism, and I'd especially like to rent the room to someone who could talk to me about this and related topics, including the best ways to create interactive 3D graphics on a short timeline, preferably for tablets. The more you can tell me about this stuff, the better a deal I'll give you on the rent!

Please PM me a note with a link to your CV and/or reel. I'll be up in Palo Alto starting in August, working on a project related to graphics and journalism, so if you live in the Bay Area, all the better for future idea bouncing.

Thanks

CGTalk Moderation
07-24-2012, 09:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.