PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice Buying Sony Vaio F series Laptop

ranaazeem
07-10-2012, 07:14 PM
Hello Guys,
I am going to buy a laptop machine for 3d work. For that, i am considering Sony Vaio F233 laptop.(Specs (http://www.shophive.com/shophive/Sony-Vaio-F23EFX-p-11147.pakistan.html)).
In Lahore, Pakistan, its costing me around some 1100$.
I came across various reviews on the internet about this particular laptop but just wanted to have an opinion from CG professionals.
So if anybody can share hands on experience with the Vaio or can suggest a machine in similar price range, from any other company you think is best. It'd be really helpful for me.
Thanks in advance for taking the time.
Best Regards
RAK

07-10-2012, 11:39 PM
don't know if this is important but the spec shows its sandy bridge, not the new ivy bridge. so its kinda old imo. but i don't think sony has upgraded the f series vaio. but i could be wrong.

ranaazeem
07-11-2012, 09:58 AM
Thanks for replying,
I just read about sandy bridge and ivy bridge. Ivy do look something important to look for.
Its just new, little bit better performance and low power consumption.
I heard HP have severe heating issues when comes to rendering. I am not hoping to get a machine that does not heat up at all. I know that's not possible. But at least the machine should keep working with a good cooling separate fan or something.
I am a little bit confused because there are so many machines out there. Vaio apparently looks much better machine when i compare it with the dell or HP ones. I am not so sure about the performance. They all support Ci7. Dell and Hp are comparatively cheaper.
If anybody can recommend a machine, it'd be really helpful.

CGTalk Moderation
07-11-2012, 09:58 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.