PDA

View Full Version : Applying texture maps from Zbrush into XSI

pdesh07
07-10-2012, 03:32 PM
Hi,
I'm new to Zbrush and XSi workflow and was wondering what everyone deos when trying to apply textures made in Zbrush. So essentially, I polypaint the model in Zbrush, make the texture maps in Zbrush and export it.

Then in XSI, is there any other way of applying the texture onto your plain model other than using texture editor?

Thanks!

Rourker
07-14-2012, 03:05 AM
When exporting textures from ZBrush to XSI make sure you flip the texture Vertically before you export it or it will be upside down when you bring it into XSI. this can be done, in the export menu of ZBrush I think theres a button called flip V or flip Vert, something along those lines.

As for the second part of your question, the texture editor isn't really for applying the texture rather just editing where the vertices of your model are on your texture. To apply a texture select your model and open the render tree, which is view > Rendering/Texturing > Render Tree (or the shortcut is 7) then drag an image node onto the tree (you can search for it in the search bar) then choose your texture and make sure you set the texture projection that you used in ZBrush. Then plug it into the diffuse of your phong or whatever you are using.

Hope this helps

CGTalk Moderation
07-14-2012, 03:05 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.