PDA

View Full Version : How can i skin a mesh to some ICE particles?

CerberusC
07-08-2012, 05:25 PM
Hi.

I'm reaaaaaally new to ICE and i'm playing a bit with lagoa, mi intentino is to bind a mesh (think in a simple cube with a lot of faces) to a bunch of particles generated inside that cube, and i would like to tear of the cube, to do that i want to break the particles cube.

The thing is that i don't knwo how to bind the cube mesh to the ICE particles so the cube breaks along with the particles.

Cheers and thanks.

CerberusC
07-09-2012, 11:20 PM
No one can tell me anything about that?

Cheers.

pooby
07-09-2012, 11:44 PM
I think it's quite complex. Which could be why nobody is answering.
My first thoughts are to use polygoniser if you want it to break apart.
Skinning it or anything that is simply deforming it won't allow you to tear it.
Does lagoa have a cloth that could tear? Maybe you could make your cube have a lagoa cloth surface? I don't know not having delved into it.

Bullit
07-10-2012, 03:41 AM
Maybe you can gives us more details of what are you trying to achieve.

mattmos
07-10-2012, 12:01 PM
You will need emPolygonizer3 if you want to build a tearable mesh from lagoa cloth. Its not a quick job and maybe there are other ways to approach it, like prebuilding a fractured mesh?

CerberusC
07-10-2012, 04:07 PM
Thansk for the answer guys.

I was thinking in something like pooby said.

Use the mesh as cloth and break it, but trying to give the mesh the most rigid aspect possible.

I want to simulate the mesh using elastic particles that will drive it's movement, and also i'm not too sure on how settings can i use in the Lagoa material to make the particles look like a rigid particles compound.
If i use more than 1 in the elasticity value everything explodes and i'm not sure how can i gain more rigidity for that.

I'll search things about using the mesh as cloth, i don't have a clue on how to do that, but it shoudn't be hard :)

I'm pretty new to softimage and ICE, so if you think there is something obvious that i should already know, you bet that i don't know :)

Cheers and thanks again for the answers.

Bullit
07-10-2012, 06:18 PM
What is the propose of particles?

CerberusC
07-10-2012, 06:24 PM
The idea is to break an object into pieces dinamically without using ny kind of pre-shatter.

So with the right particle configuration i think i can break an object with, lets say, stones dinamically.

After the simulation i think i can add it some thickness, etc etc

Cheers.

CGTalk Moderation
07-10-2012, 06:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.