PDA

View Full Version : Vray for Maya Flickering

lowercase
07-06-2012, 02:23 AM
Hi guys,

Please forgive me if this has been addressed before. I've seen the question asked a few times before, but with seemingly no viable solution.

Is there any way to render moving objects within Vray for Maya without flickering?

Thanks a lot for any help,

lowercase

aandronov
07-06-2012, 07:26 AM
Hi lowercase,

I'm using vray with 3ds max, but I suppose that things work the same way in both applications. So, flickering in animation occurs in most cases because of bad/inappropriate AA an GI settings. It's a quite general answer, but so is your question, so I'd advice you to give some info about your vray setup and the actual situation in your scene.

Greetings,
A.

CHRiTTeR
07-06-2012, 02:39 PM
You can find allot of usefull info about this on the chaos group forums

lowercase
07-06-2012, 04:44 PM
Hi aandronov,

Well, first of all, I was wondering if it was at all feasible to render animations without flickering, regardless of settings, with Vray for Maya.

I'm not using any specific settings for my scene right now... I'm trying different combinations of irradiance map, light cache, and brute force as primary and secondary GI bounces, but they all end up flickering a lot.

I saw a tutorial that suggested that I pre-render the scene using irradiance map for primary bounces, so that it could blend together light samples from preceding and following frames, but that did not work either.

Are there any specific settings that you recommend? I'm not too knowledgeable with lighting and rendering. Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks a lot,

lowercase
07-06-2012, 04:47 PM
Oh really, CHRiTTeR?

Mmk, I'll go take a look. Thanks!

lowercase
07-07-2012, 02:56 AM
Okay, thanks a lot for your help guys.
I think the Chaos Group forums has the information I'm looking for.

Thanks

CGTalk Moderation
07-07-2012, 02:56 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.