PDA

View Full Version : Peter Jackson's vision boosts Wellywood

kilikili
11-27-2003, 02:53 PM
What they said:

"The final film in the Lord of the Rings trilogy, The Return of the King , has just been finished in director Peter Jackson's brand new $30 million film production facility in Wellington.

It is the final piece of his vision to turn the capital into a world class, one-stop-shop for filmmakers around the world."

More>>> (http://onenews.nzoom.com/onenews_detail/0,1227,239165-1-455,00.html)

-Kilikili
Going for an avatar

NUKE-CG
11-27-2003, 04:08 PM
He should come upto Auckland instead of Wellington.

Most of the CG education is up here, better local economy, 1/3 population, more resources, lighter winds, and prettier girls :).

Wellington is great and all.. but I think Auckland would be a better place for a World class film location.

But :shrug: I don't mind, a 50 minute flight isn't a problem..

t-toe
11-27-2003, 05:56 PM
yeah, I'm seriously considering moving to Wellington once I start getting really serious about filmmaking. I would love to avoid Hollywood if at all possible...

Jhonus
11-27-2003, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by NUKE-CG

Most of the CG education is up here, better local economy, 1/3 population, more resources, lighter winds, and prettier girls :).

Wellington is great and all.. but I think Auckland would be a better place for a World class film location.

I dont know about that... Wellington is a pretty cool place. I moved down here from Auckland in March. I don't miss Auckland at all.

Chris
11-27-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by NUKE-CG

I don't agree, I much prefer Wellingtons vibe over Aucklands. Its more about arts & culture. Its also a lot easier to get around, being smaller in area. Wherever he went he would have had to set up his own infrastructure anyway, & some things are a bit cheaper down here...

Phearielord
11-28-2003, 12:20 AM
I'm with Nuke-CG all the way!!
Auckland would be sooo much better :D

...and it would save me moving down there....;)

lone
11-28-2003, 11:52 PM
well, when you all get tight with PETER JACKSON, ask him to please, every once in a while, make another nutter flick like the ones he started out with.

Myce
11-29-2003, 12:19 AM
thats great news, good to hear that we new zealanders are showing what we can do and we are pretty much on top of the world.
Peter Jacksons gona go down in history as the best new zealand director, hes a legend.

I'd move down to Welli in flash if i could get a job workin in the new facilities, but I cant do that till i finish my next course next year (1 course down, 1 to go).

Giles3
11-29-2003, 01:23 AM
I think Jacksons production facility was on the news the other night, looks awsome :applause:

He should come to Palmy North :scream:

stallion151
11-29-2003, 05:03 AM
he should come to oztraya, that's where the pretty girls are...no better yet we dont want no stinkin kiwis. :p you guys aren't any good at rugby either....TAKE THAT!!!

BOOYAHH... :twisted:

stallion151
11-29-2003, 05:05 AM
okay....
my lawyers have informed that i am sorry :beer: :surprised
NZ

Chris
11-29-2003, 05:13 AM
Dont worry about it, feelings of inferiority get to the best of us from time to time... :beer: Just be secure in the knowledge that you are almost as good as us at rugby, but certainly luckier :D

Phearielord
11-29-2003, 05:35 AM
AHAHAHAHAHHA!
well said Chris!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

NUKE-CG
11-29-2003, 07:00 AM
Stallion, be nice....or the Kangaroo gets it !

:wip:
:bounce:

:p

stallion151
11-30-2003, 03:10 AM
are you threatening me...i say do your worst! I don't favour skippy all that much...tender to prefer kiwi meat. MUAHHAAH

Lucky should be right. Best game of rugby is usually us vs. you, with you guys usually pipping the aussies of a win. But the real winner is the game... :surprised <<sob, sniff>>

NZ Rugby team = uruk-hai??? maybe... they look the same. :)

Moo 4.5
11-30-2003, 05:06 AM
yes auckland would be closer to home for alot of 3d artists in NZ
:buttrock:

was PJ born in welli?

I wonder why he chose to set up down there

Chris
11-30-2003, 08:45 PM
Yep hes a wellypoppian alright, I think he was raised in Pukurua bay?

"But the real winner is the game... "
Yep, at the end of the day, its a game of two halves, the better team won on the day, full credit to both teams however, its 9/10ths about posession, quick hands all round. Does that get it all out of the way? :D

stallion151
12-01-2003, 02:10 AM
yeh sorry got things off topic here, but really i am so happy to have a really high quality film studio relatively close to home...hopefully more studios are going to pop up and i can't wait for it.

btw i am actually watching at the moment the extended version of LOTR TTT...can't get enough of it.

Chris
12-01-2003, 02:48 AM
I wasn't hassling! :) I'm a shocking thread hijacker, the random nature of it all appeals to me... :D

the extended version of TTT is cool, I love all that extra character development stuff

Moo 4.5
12-01-2003, 06:03 AM
I love the Treebeard scene when he's talking about female Ents.:beer:

stallion151
12-01-2003, 07:56 AM
i dunno know, i am not that thrilled with all those extra's...i guess i want to see how its done. more detail for those who know what they're talking about. Like how they got the skin to work, things like that.

Not always explaining what a computer is all the time...but the finished product is definantly a marvel to watch.

Is the movie coming out in NZ first? When?

Chris
12-01-2003, 08:00 AM
I think its coming out here on the 18th or something...

Per-Anders
12-01-2003, 08:53 AM
just to post something of a sort of general roundabout relevance to this thread :

http://www.msnbc.com/news/668515.asp?0cb=-91e43816

this is just about the woman who did the casting.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.