PDA

View Full Version : Which school offer a fast animation program ?

DanteNVergil
07-04-2012, 04:54 AM
The university I am going offers like 1 class per term, so it is really slow. On top of that, the tuition fee is around 40,000 a year. I feel like they are dragging me so they can get the money. Anyway, is there any other school that offer animation program ? I am looking the graduate within 2 years. Thanks.

Polaroid29
07-04-2012, 09:22 AM
Uhm, what school are you going to that only lets you take one class per semester? and $40,000 a year is pretty ridiculous, especially with only 4 semesters per year. That can't be right, $10,000 a class?

Meloncov
07-04-2012, 07:34 PM
Uhm, what school are you going to that only lets you take one class per semester? and $40,000 a year is pretty ridiculous, especially with only 4 semesters per year. That can't be right, $10,000 a class?

I'm guessing he means one animation class per semester, along with various non-animation classes.

DanteNVergil
07-05-2012, 09:50 PM
I'm guessing he means one animation class per semester, along with various non-animation classes.

Yea, that. Sorry I wasn't being clear. Though, the major is Animation and Visual Effect, we have to take other classes that are not quite related to 3D modeling and animation, like screenwriting, audio production. I took intro the modeling class and it is offered once per semester, along with some non animation course, so it is really slow paced.

The major is pretty much teach you to use software, and $40,000 is just too much. I wish I can change another school that is cheaper and with a faster pace but I really don't know which, I am hoping to get an animation degree in no more than 3 years but the university I am in, that most likely not happening.....

fig
07-06-2012, 05:50 PM
Your best bet for more focused animation specific training (assuming we're talking about character animation) is probably one of the online schools like iAnimate, AnimSchool, or Animation Mentor. None of those offer degrees, however, which may or may not be important to you.

CGTalk Moderation
07-06-2012, 05:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.