PDA

View Full Version : Archived thread... very disapointed... can't talk about my work!

Strob
07-02-2012, 09:22 PM
Hi,

I come here since many years to discuss with other people about their work, art and technique. I worked myself on something during many years and I was eager to be able to discuss about my work here with other people but just a few hours after I started a thread about it, it was archived... I know someone else posted about the short in the general discussion forum and there was a general discussion about it... but that time I was one of the artists involved in the creatoion of this short and I wnted to talk about it more technically or artistically. Why was my thread archived??? I am really disapointed.

Here is the thread:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=59&t=1058127

leigh
07-02-2012, 09:25 PM
It was closed because the first thread that was posted a few days earlier about the film degenerated into a ridiculous discussion about false flag operations and other crackpot conspiracy theory garbage.

Strob
07-02-2012, 10:02 PM
Yes but since I am ont of the artist involved in this short and this time it was posted in the news section instead of general talk, I was hoping to get a chance to discuss it a little bit with others and get feedback on a more technical and artistic aspect.

I know you didn't like it but I worked many years on that short I was hoping to be able to discuss a bit about it here...

Strob
07-02-2012, 10:03 PM
Are you telling me that it is now forbidden to discuss about this short because some users here started talking about conspiracy theory?

That would be really sad to hear!

leigh
07-03-2012, 10:11 AM
What you're suggesting is kinda like saying we should allow a thread about one of those conspiracy theory films like Loose Change, so people can discuss CG stuff in it - when the overall theme is one of politics or religion, the discussion will inevitably turn to those aspects of it, and we've long had a rule against those topics.

I'm sorry but we cautiously allowed the first thread and it went downhill. We won't allow another.

Strob
07-03-2012, 03:57 PM
Not at all.... (I haven't seen loose change so I can't really say in fact)

By the way, I, pet goat II, is not about a conspiracy theory. It's an abstract cartoon short with many symbols link to the past decade world situation and everybody can understand what he wants. And I thought that by reading what everyone thought about this movie it was pretty revealing about their own personality.

On vimeo there are now more than 300 comments and it has not degenerated.

What I think is because my thread is started by one of the artist involved, I think people will be more prone to ask questions about technique and art. and if you explain to them that you don't want them to talk about politic or conspiracy theory, the may understand.

Will you bring down the entire CGtalk forum just because someone talked about a conspiracy theory somewhere?

And if you want my opinion on all this, I would say when everybody stays peaceful and respectful, you should allow the discussion to go on. And I don't think the first discussion was that ridiculous.

Strob
07-03-2012, 04:22 PM
By the way did you allow discussion about Avatar here? As far as I remember there was a political message in that movie...

Strob
07-04-2012, 02:06 PM
Hi Leigh,

Just to make it clear, I personally agree about the fact that you ban political and religious discussion here. And I understand your work here is not easy when you have to choose what to archive or not. When I come on CGtalk I want to talk about CG art and technique only.

So I changed a bit my mind about what I wrote earlier here when I said "when everybody stays peaceful and respectful, you should allow the discussion to go on." Because sadly even if it starts respectful, with those kinds of subject it will always go down hill... and become a headache for you. So I apologize and I think you are right after all.

I created a new post in the finished work section to talk about 3 specific shots I extracted from the short. and I specifically asked people not to talk about religion or politic but just the art and technique related to those 3 segments.

I hope it can go on without causing you headaches.

cheers.

CGTalk Moderation
07-04-2012, 02:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.