PDA

View Full Version : Maya API c++ | opengl dependency error

mattanimation
07-01-2012, 05:01 AM
I'm trying to get a start with Chad Vernon's new Maya API tutorials and ran into a snag when setting up a simple hello world project. When I go to compile it says "fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'opengl32.lib'", I have 'opengl32.lib' in my list of additional dependencies, anyone out there have any suggestions? I have the latest MS SDK for windows 7 running 64-bit and every other suggestion I've found on GoOgle has not worked either. Thanks in advance.

zoharl
07-01-2012, 11:39 AM
It's on the dependencies, but it can't find it. Search for opengl32.lib on your computer and add its directory to VC lib directories or to the linker's additional library directories.

zeroeffect
07-01-2012, 02:30 PM
Hey Matt,

On my system, the x64 version of opengl32.lib is located at:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\Lib\x64
With Visual Studio 2010, this path is a default in my Libraries Directories (Configuration Properties->VC++ Directories)

zoharl
07-01-2012, 04:07 PM
Yes, it should be, but if something went wrong, you should try to add the path manually. There's no such thing as Configuration Properties->VC++ Directories, there's this peculiar View> Property manager, or the linker additional dirs. Again, can't open file, usually means can't find file. Play with it, copy the lib to another dir, and add the dir.

Also try build> configuration manager, and make sure that you really compile x64.

zeroeffect
07-01-2012, 04:30 PM
There's no such thing as Configuration Properties->VC++ Directories...
Really? (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee855621.aspx) (msdn.microsoft.com)

zoharl
07-01-2012, 04:34 PM
Okay, yesterday it wasn't there... ;)

But still you need the property manger to make it global or something.

EDIT: @ZeroEffect, what are you doing there? I thought I was talking to the same guy, and he had opengl.lib in the path, but still it didn't work. :rolleyes:

zeroeffect
07-01-2012, 05:13 PM
Sorry about that. I was just trying to help out with the location of the opengl32.lib file :)

CGTalk Moderation
07-01-2012, 05:13 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.