PDA

View Full Version : Head Modeling WIP

Mangled Poly
11-27-2003, 05:15 AM
Im currently a 19 year old college student at american River College ( a JC in Sacramento, Ca) this is a head im working on for school i just got to texturing the eyes, now the next challenge is making a few refinements on the model, then doing the skin texture :/

any ways all crits/thoughts welcome:
http://images.mangledpoly.com/3d/head013.jpg

rogerrrr
11-27-2003, 09:11 AM
uah

a great work

Roy

Tommi
11-27-2003, 11:58 AM
Could you post other views and wireframe shots of it, please?
I like the face, you've modeled. But depending on what you're aiming at - for a realistic face, I think the eyes are a bit too big :shrug: It'd probably be okay for a child's face...

Besides that, something with the forehead seems to be wrong. It is hard for me to say from that perspective, but it appears a little bit flat. Ah, and the "mirror axis" line is visible - where you probably welded the points... should be smoother... :)

Jonathan
11-27-2003, 12:06 PM
Yeah, I think something in the forehead does seem off a bit. I think it's that extruding clef rising from the nose. Also the ears are too far to the rear unless this was something you did purposly for style. Artists are eccentric and it's hard to nail down intent without more info, but I'm assuming you're shooting for a realistic head.

Also I think the Jawline is off as it stops near the side center of the neck just a bit forward.

Yep a wireframe would be helpful.

Nemoid
11-27-2003, 01:06 PM
Good job.

Wires! :drool:

the crease starting from the nose is very easily fixable in seconds. just watch that the middle points are correctly aligned. you can use also a bit of smooth command.
ears seem to be far. but maybe perspective view is misleading too.:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.