PDA

View Full Version : adjusting my monitor?

b.Schulz
11-27-2003, 02:48 AM
My monitor is very very bright. I think it has to do with possibly not uninstalling some drivers a long time ago and just installing new ones over my old ones? OR it could be that my monitor is just old and it's colors are fading. Is there any program out there or does anyone have any suggestions on how i can get my monitor back to it's normal colors. I usually have my contrast all the way up to like 95 and my brightness all the way down to 5 and then things seem to be "ok" but they are still faded. I would love to play with my gamma settings but i can't find them anywhere. I have a GeForce 4 card, and when i go to the settings tab nothing i do works. I mean i can pull the sliders...but nothign happens. I'm baffled. Can anyone help me or give me some suggestions? Thanks!!

Oh, the monitor is a 3 year old Dell 19" Trinitron, just in case.

Actually i just found the "Adobe Gamma" in my control panel but that doens't seem to help me because when i put my gamma back to 1 it's still bright and i can't go any lower than 1. :hmm:

gmask
11-27-2003, 02:55 AM
I have an HP monitor that suffered a similair fate and it was not drivers.. after connecting it to other computers it clearly was an internal problem.

I still have it and have considered taking it to a repair shop so that it's backup.

The other symptom on mine is that you see thin RGB lines across the bottom. I have another monitor that wnt south recently that seem sto have a loose connetion inside it and it really goes crazy.. kind of worked for awhile if I banged it on the side hard.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.