PDA

View Full Version : Stereoscopic 3D shine rays emitting from a logo

Alexlj
06-29-2012, 07:21 AM
Hi everyone.

I ve been working on a simple logo animation to be shown at the digital cinemas. The original logo was made 2D with simple Trapcode Shine wipe through the logo. Now the client want a stereo version of it.

Basically I just have to make the trapcode shine into 3D.

My initial attempt was to deform the 2D shine layer from AE with a GeoDeform node in NUKE. basically it was using a luminance map as a depth map to deform the 2D shine into 3D geometry. the result was doggy.

I think the best way is to do it properly in 3d software. I have achieved the result(almost) in Cinema 4d by placing a IES volumetric light behind the logo. but the problem is c4d can not define light shape with a object(the logo) and the area light does not have volunmetric capability.

we have Maya and C4d here.

Any ideas?

balistic
06-30-2012, 01:01 AM
If your camera move isn't too complicated, couldn't you just shift the origin point of the shine effect a little bit to either side for each eye?

Alexlj
07-01-2012, 12:28 PM
thanks.

Actually I found the inversed volunmetric light in C4D does the trick pretty well. Basically it turns the shadow casted from the object into visible lights. so it looks like the logo is emitting lights.

not sure about how mental ray or Vray does inversed volunmetric light though.

CGTalk Moderation
07-01-2012, 12:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.