PDA

View Full Version : Digital Portrait: Letters From the Dead

darkefire
11-27-2003, 02:28 AM
http://www.analoggshokk.com/images/ratwork/tosioletterfromthedead_prz.jpg

Hi kids! Here's a quick digital photo i ran through my Photoshop brain for my girlfriend's website portrait.

The "dead" girl (my girlfriend:thumbsup: ) is a real human being. The large keys and chain are props we had lying around, and all the crap around it is my usual stream-of-conciousness collaging: i dig through my crate of digital photos and layer-in anything that seems to fit the picture.

Opinions, deconstructive or otherwise, are welcome!!:bounce:

GFX-Arts
11-27-2003, 10:27 AM
Nice :)

MedusasHead
12-01-2003, 11:39 AM
Nice overall approach, although I think the goth thing is a little "has been" (although it`s being freshly recycled at the moment, I know I know...) and McKean has overdone this layerwork play a little at the end of the 90`s, especially the "poem layer"... But well, that`s only my personal taste.
Another font for the letter`s layer (a real font, instead of handwriting or a very sophisticated handwriting) would make it look much more professional; concerning the rest, I`d say leave it as it is.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.