PDA

View Full Version : Blender render doesn't update texture

kau1
06-26-2012, 02:42 PM
My goal is to copy an existing cube (cardboard box) that was UV unwrapped and I want to simply change the UV image. The original texture image contains the word "Composition" and I want to replace it with an image that contains the word "Components". I used Shift + D to copy the box and replaced the old image in the UV Image Editor with a new image. I also updated the Texture in Properties to access the new image. This was confirmed in my 3D window where the new image shows properly. However, when rendered, it still shows the old image which is the same as the original box. In fact, no matter what the new image is (even a checkerboard texture), the old image is still rendered, even though the 3D window shows the updated version. How do I unlink the old texture image so that it no longer renders?

CGIPadawan
07-02-2012, 01:10 AM
(sorry did not understand).

Try to test it from a new cube and see what happens.

ChukChuk
07-02-2012, 06:57 AM
Is the new cube using a different materiel or the same one?

kau1
07-02-2012, 07:29 AM
I just created a file with a new cube to see if I could make it work, but had the same results.
I'll try to explain my problem more clearly. I have UV unwrapped a cube and assigned it a material and texture using an image (I'll call it image "A"). I duplicated the cube (by using Shift + D), so I now have 2 cubes with the same material and texture, which is confirmed when I render the scene. The same image "A" appears on both cubes.
I would now like the 2nd cube to have a different image, so I thought I could just assign a new material to the 2nd cube and replace the old image with a new one (image "B") using the UV Editor, then create a new Texture with image "B" assigned to it. When I do this, the 3D View does indeed show the cubes updated with image "A" on one and image "B' on the other. However, when I render, both cubes still render image "A". What am I missing?

ChukChuk
07-02-2012, 09:13 AM
Try assigning a new material to the cube instead of using the same material.

CGTalk Moderation
07-02-2012, 09:13 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.