PDA

View Full Version : argh - UV map

Jezait
11-26-2003, 10:18 PM
I'm making a guy with a photo-real UV mapped face, and when I edit the mesh, the UV map data is lost.

help ..... please

:cry:

dreamsgate
11-27-2003, 01:12 AM
Unfortunetaly that happens, generally it is a good idea to not apply UV map til after done with all editing.

Apollux
11-27-2003, 01:57 AM
As dreamsgate told you.. you should never start texturing a model until you are 100% happy with the modeling itself, every self-respecting textuting tutorial would tell you that.

Anyways, you are not totally screwed. If you use ¨intelligent tools¨ for your editing, those tools will TRY to save and modify your UV info to mach the changes you are doing to the mesh.

Those ¨intelligent¨ tools are:
*Sub-divide, in all its forms.
*Knife Tool
¨Duplicate¨
¨Separate¨
¨Split¨

Some very used but not-uv-intelligent tools are Extrude, Decimate, make faces/edges and Rotate (??).

So, if you need to modify your mesh try to use the intelligent tools as much as possible, and try to limit the use of the not-intelligent tools. In the end chances are that you still will need to fix the UV Mapping by hand, but the less you have to fix the better.

TorQ
12-12-2003, 04:33 AM
This is a bug with undo that has been fixed. You should be able to edit your mesh without loosing UVmapping.

TorQ

Modron
12-19-2003, 03:37 AM
Speaking of bugs and UV mapping, I just learned that 3.1a does not respond correctly when loading 'from window', however, it is fixed in the current cvs, so if you have been pulling your hair out trying to get your faces to load correctly in the UV window, wonder no more.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.