PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Student Reel

RaFu
06-24-2012, 04:25 PM
Hello everyone, here is my student modeling reel.

Feel free to comment ! :)

Modeling Reel (http://vimeo.com/44566425)

beasleyfreddie
06-27-2012, 01:24 AM
I see you are quite good at modeling and rigging. How much did you do of the compositing? I thought a couple of the scenes could use a bit more work, when looking at them with the man, and women in front the background appeared to be flat. However I will say the part where the two ran out into the underground parking garage through the door, and then flew across the screen, that was really well integrated, they looked like part of the scene. Great job. I really like your model style and design.:buttrock:

RaFu
06-27-2012, 09:03 AM
Hey beasleyfreddie, first of all, thank you very much for your comment.
Actually, I didn't composite anything, that was other students job.
I only did the modeling part, and sometimes the UVs unfolding/layout also.

The movies aren't online yet, but it should be done soon, keep on following ArtFx on Vimeo and you will eventually see the student movies I worked on, and some other ones. ;)

Mightnight
06-27-2012, 09:37 PM
great job ;)

may i ask you what's artFx? is it a school?

RaFu
06-28-2012, 12:50 PM
Thanks MightNight.

And yes, ArtFx is a french VFX & CG animation school.

You can check the Vimeo Page (https://vimeo.com/artfx) , to see some of the student movies, movies making-of and DemoReels, and here is ArtFx website (http://www.artfx.fr/)

asmodai
06-28-2012, 03:42 PM
Hey hey. Great modeling skills although I would remove from the reel, your personal mesh study.

Sorry donīt want to hurt your feelings. It has great mesh flow but itīs just a generic head and compared to the other works, is the less interesting you have.

Cheers

RaFu
06-28-2012, 04:17 PM
Thanks for your comment Asmodai.

Actually, I was doubting about including this model in my reel, because I know it is definitively not an awesome work.
But I thought maybe some compagnies could be interrested to know that I am able to model a human head with a correct mesh flow.

I hope I will have some time soon to do another head, but with sculpt this time, so I can replace this part of my reel.

You're not hurting my feelings at all, it's the opposite. I'm glad to get some good advices like this one ! Thanks :)

Edit: Btw, I just had a look on your work, and I really liked it :thumbsup:

scadstudent
06-29-2012, 06:54 PM
You have some excellent work on your reel. I do have a few suggestions to make it better. If you don't already know zbrush I would learn it and sculpt a model because that is a common technique and it doesn't look like you have used zbrush on your reel (I could be wrong). I would also recommend getting rid of the composites since they are a little distracting for a modeling reel focus on the modeling. If you want to keep the composites in then they need some more tweaking. Also for the turntables it might be more interesting to pose the characters make them more interesting and dynamic. The head model is something I have seen on a ton of modeling reels and yours is really basic so add some more detail to it. Finally you have the character models and props what you need are some environment models. By that I mean a room interior like a kitchen, living room, etc or and exterior environment. Most companies want to see all three (realistic and stylized) characters , prop, and environments. Other than that this reel is looking really good!

CGTalk Moderation
06-29-2012, 06:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.