PDA

View Full Version : >>Weapon:M240

SecretAgent
11-26-2003, 08:44 PM
Here is the gun that's mounted on the Humvee I made.
http://www.207th-infantry.com/~mode7/Mode7_images/Humvee/M1.jpg
http://www.207th-infantry.com/~mode7/Mode7_images/Humvee/M2.jpg
http://www.207th-infantry.com/~mode7/Mode7_images/Humvee/Mtxtr.jpg

R-SiN
11-27-2003, 03:01 AM
Nice job on the textures! They really make up for the amount of polys you have. The bullets are noticably flat though but again nice job!

stefanosoik
11-27-2003, 05:31 PM
I will agree with you R-SiN for the textures and the bullets.

Great work
Keep going

BakerCo
03-23-2004, 02:54 AM
did you render then edit in photoshop or is it just a max render i like it alot

SecretAgent
03-23-2004, 06:35 PM
>> LostInFace: Thanks for the compliment. Actually it's just a screen capture and then I brought it into photoshop, added the text, grey background, and a slight dropshadow - fairly low-tech but, I kinda like realtime shots over renders since it's a little more close to how things will look in a game engine. Oh by the way, this was made in Maya 4.0.

BakerCo
03-23-2004, 09:19 PM
really cool, i use maya five though i am new to it i love it so far and am totally inspired by your works and plan on starting a post on content i will atempt to create shortly. maybe u can drop by and give me some pointers eh'? anyway i am not familiar with that term "screen capture" how do u acomplish this. excuse my ignorance. and i thank you in advance.

please keep posting your works i love em

cheers

SecretAgent
03-24-2004, 03:16 AM
oh, a by screen capture I just mean that I take a pic of the screen - you can do that by just pressing the "print screen" key on your keyboard and in Photoshop I just paste and edit the image. I'd love to see your work, post it up when you get the chance.

Thanks again for the compliments - actually, I'm starting my new job at a game company next week, woooo hoooo!!! Been pretty busy for the past month getting all set up but, hopefully I can get started on some new personal work again, I've had another environment in mind that I've been dying to start working on.

Beastie
03-24-2004, 03:54 AM
Great modeling and texture job as usual Eric22! No crits here!

SammyB
03-24-2004, 05:48 AM
Nice work man, you've improved a lot in the last 6 months.

One thing though, I suggest making the scratches on the gun (especially the barrel) deeper and more pronounced because as is, they're not even visible in the screen captures. Also, some of the highlights look too even without enough variation, but this is very minor.

Anyway, it's damn fine all the same. Got any wires?

SecretAgent
03-24-2004, 05:09 PM
Thanks guys! Once I get settled in at my new job, I'll post some wireframe shots and stuff (I also updated this awhile ago, so I'll post the slight updated stuff too). I'm moving in the next few days so things will be crazy for a little while but, should be able to get the updates in a few weeks or so.

AdamAtomic
03-24-2004, 06:49 PM
hey eric, great job! I really like your texturing style. Its clean, easy to read, realistic without feeling like its just a bunch of photos. Really excellent work. I agree about the flat bullets though, they take away a little bit - even some little 5-sided cylinders would probably do the trick. Great work!

SecretAgent
03-24-2004, 07:02 PM
>> Adam Atomic: Ha ha! It's funny, this thread is so old and recently I've been getting comments on it, funny how things work like that sometimes. Thanks for the comments, yeah, that bullet clip looks terrible, I'll have to make some low poly bullets eventually for it.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.